Showcase Nikon 200mm f4 Micro-Nikkor AI-S

phigmov

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Shot on an E-M1 - from about 1.75m away for the first and about 1m for the second - nice working distances compared to my 50/55mm macros -

phigmov

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Practising on the cat with the E-M1 & 200 Micro-Nikkor

phigmov

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

RogerM

Mu-43 Veteran
Nice, the 200mm focal length can be a bit of a disappointment for many lenses but this looks like a good one.
How's the CA performance?
Gotta love the working distance on longer macros.
Try it on some birds and larger subjects; I have an old Tamron that I really like for that stuff.
:)

phigmov

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Nice, the 200mm focal length can be a bit of a disappointment for many lenses but this looks like a good one.
How's the CA performance?
Gotta love the working distance on longer macros.
Try it on some birds and larger subjects; I have an old Tamron that I really like for that stuff.
:)
Yes, I've been very surprised by the working distance. In the past I'd use a brighter 50 or 55mm macro but overshadow the subject, now I can stand back a pace or two and use a slower lens without worrying so much about scaring off an insect. Looking forward to using it when the bumble-bees re-appear in Spring.

I hear the lens isn't so great for some things - Ken Rockwell rates the modern AF version (super-pricey!) but doesn't seem a fan of the old MF version. Reckons you end up with CA/Fringing in fine detail of product photography (eg lens markings, watch facings etc). Not really something I'll be doing with this lens.

Definitely enjoying using it and the used prices on these seems like remarkably good value too.

I haven't seen a longer native FL on anyones lens roadmap which is a shame. Maybe just a little too niche.

RogerM

Mu-43 Veteran
Maybe we'll see a few native 135 to 300mm primes from Samyang. Considering the high price-point of most of the bigger native zooms and telephoto primes; compared to what some Chinese manufacturers could potentially sell at, who knows?
I suppose it's down to assessed demand.

phigmov

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

phigmov

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

phigmov

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Tried w/ Viltrox FR & E-PM1 - old sensor doesn't cope well with strong colours, low-light + wind was moving the flowers around a lot... not a great pic but was keen to see what happened. Close focus distance was definitely better.

phigmov

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
With the E-M1

phigmov

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
With E-M1, just starting to see the first of the bumble-bees hit the spring flowers. Still a bit windy to get anything stable.

phigmov

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
With the E-M5

phigmov

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
With the E-M5

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom