1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Nikon 1 blowouts

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by NJH, Oct 30, 2012.

1. NJH

NJH Mu-43 Regular

Mar 8, 2012
    South West England
  2. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Or maybe this is the best sign yet that you don't want to get into N1.

Slow selling cameras can't inspire a strong lens development programme

3. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

299 pounds would be about $480. Cameta in the USA is selling that same kit for just under $500 and a refurbished version for $379.00!

Nikon 1 V1 Digital Camera Body with 10-30mm VR Lens (Black) - Factory Demo includes Full 1 Year Warranty

I don't think it is that the Nikon 1 is a failure. I think it is two things. First, Nikon has figured out they priced the V1 too high and second, the economics of the industry. Don't forget both Panasonic and Olympus are selling some of their older models at greatly reduced prices as well. The GX1 came out at about the same time Nikon released the V1. The original price was $800 with the kit zoom and that package now sells for $460 at B&H.

4. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
    No, this is a totally different situation. :p Seriously, selling-off cheap hardware doesn't seem to have a lot to do with viability of a particular "system". I agree with the dood from Roswell.

5. NJH

NJH Mu-43 Regular

Mar 8, 2012
    South West England
    Seeing prices like that does a pretty good job of putting me off, that and the fact that whilst N1 has a lens road map much of it is virtual at the moment. I don't think its viable to say Nikon realised they pitched the V to high, the V2 has come out at pretty much the same price here as the V1 was last year. EP3 bodies are still worth more than that V1 package second-hand here, I think that says a lot about the sentiments of the UK market.