Nikkor RF 50mm 1.4 fitting

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
I've got an RF Nikkor 50mm/1.4 kicking around - anyone tried this on the M4/3

(it's the common one before anyone jumps in the air - 75,000 made)

what's the adapter for this m4/3 to what, (don't say Nikkor RF bayonet)

please point me to a seller if you can

jesse

Mu-43 Regular
You should have one RF to M mount and one M to m4/3 mount.
RFContax2m43.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

RF50Nikkor.jpg

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
Thanks Jesse - I guessed that you would have one - have you an Olympic?

I thought that the Nikkor RF to whatever would be expensive and it looks so

isn't there a straight Nikkor RF to M4/3 mount - i.e. Nikkor RF on one end and M4/3 on the other

I've got the Nikon S, unfortunately it's "Zeiss Bumps" get worse every year

nikkor_S.jpg

jesse

Mu-43 Regular
I don't think there is a straight adapter from Nikon RF to m4/3
I have a Nikon SP with some of the Nikkor lenses, wonder there is "Zeiss Bumps" on a Nikon body

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
I don't think there is a straight adapter from Nikon RF to m4/3
I have a Nikon SP with some of the Nikkor lenses, wonder there is "Zeiss Bumps" on a Nikon body

It has been stored with a Contax - "Zeiss bumps" spread like measles - there is, as yet, no known vaccination to prevent this
Don't you have them in HK yet?

jesse

Mu-43 Regular
It has been stored with a Contax - "Zeiss bumps" spread like measles - there is, as yet, no known vaccination to prevent this
Don't you have them in HK yet?

Yes, my Contax IIIA has Zeiss bumps, but my Nikon don't.
NikonSP.jpg

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
Yes, my Contax IIIA has Zeiss bumps, but my Nikon don't.
NikonSP.jpg

Lovely

You better keep them away from each other then!

Brian S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
The Nikon I, Nikon M, and Nikon S all use real leather. They get the Zeiss Bumps, as do some other cameras including the earlier Kodak Retina's.

The Nikon S2 switched to synthetic, and does not get the bumps.

I've seen reference to a straight S-Mount/Contax Mount to 4/3rds on rangefinderforum.com. It should be easier to make as you do not worry about the RF coupling. The Amedeo adapters are in the $300 range. It might be cheaper to buy an LTM version of the Nikkor lens.

The Olympic lens is less common than the Millenium Nikkor 50/1.4 sold with the S3-2000. The latter is multi-coated, and often is sold by itself in the $800 range. The Olympic goes for over $2,000. I have the Millenium lens.

Brian S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I saw one reference on rangefinderforum.com of an adapter for S-Mount to 4/3rds adapter, but did not give the make or details. I have two Amedeo LTM adapters and two Jon Luke Hong Kong made M-adapters. One is for Contax, the other for Nikon. They work, but do not give the same "feel" for the focus. I use them for the lenses that I cannot convert to Leica Mount using focus mounts from the Jupiter or Industar lenses. The Millenium Nikkor, Carl Zeiss Opton 50mm F1.5, and post-war Carl Zeiss Jena 5cm F1.5 are examples that require the adapter.

One of the thread mount adapters "lives" on a Canon 7, with a Zeiss Opton 50/1.5 that is optimized for close-up and wide-open focus. You would not need that step for a 4/3 mount adapter. I'm thinking you could take a mount off of an old Kiev, place it on a T-Mount adapter, and use it on a 4/3rds camera. You might contact Amedeo or Jon Luke to see if they would be interested.

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
a very timely thread i just received the 135mm 3.5 nikon mount in silver absolutely mint
a very beautiful lens

i cant wait to use it on my e-p1

Brian S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
You will like the Nikkor. The 13.5cm F3.5 is a bargain these days. Just some trivia- the optical formula of that lens went virtually unchanged into the 135mm F3.5 AIS series lens of the 1980s. Over 30 years, I think it was the last Sonnar formula lens produced by Nikon. At least the last "popular" lens. The 135 F2.8, Nikkor 105/2.5, and 200/4 Nikkor-Q were long revised around 1971. Those lenses abandoned the Sonnar formula.

I have a lot of Nikkor lenses. My S-Mount 3.5cm F1.8 would go well with a M4/3 camera. The Nikon RF wide-angle lenses are small compared to the SLR versions as they are not retro-focus designs. A couple of Nikon SLR lenses made for mirror lockup are not retrofocus, including the 2.1cm F4.

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
Brian

I've got a 13.5cm 3.5 Nikkor QC - it seems very sharpe on the G1 - nice to hold - a bit heavy and the tripod mount is a bit, (too), near the body for my Arca Swiss plate

sebastel

Mu-43 Regular
contact jin rong (RJ camera, jinfinance). he told me about working on a nikon S adapter with inner bayonet. you may want to ask for his progress.

regards
s.

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
I wont say that's nice - but it is nice - looks a well made piece of kit

have you bought stuff from him before?

Brian S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I have two Amedeo Adapters, the older type using a Kiev mount into LTM. These were hard to make, but work well. The LTM mount does not give a lot of room for the Kiev helical. I keep one on a Canon 7, and the other is used for my through the lens viewer to shim Contax and S-Mount lenses. His new ones are from the "ground up" with an all-new helical. He stands behind his work.

More about the adapter on this RFF thread:

http://rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=84941

jesse

Mu-43 Regular
This is my collection of Nikon RF camera and lenses
The workmanship of these Nikon RF lenses are excellent even compare to Leica M
NikonSPset.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom