1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Nikkor F lens adapter

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by quinlan, Aug 10, 2011.

1. quinlan

quinlan New to Mu-43

Jul 31, 2011
    Hello-
    I'm looking for a good Nikon F adapter. May I ask if any of you have tried these options and what you think of them:
    -one sold on eBay by Rainbow Imaging: Nikon G AF-S Lens Micro 4/3 Adapter aperture control | eBay
    -and the following "Cirrus" models sold by Quality Lens at various prices, I don't know why because they don't look all that different:
    1) CIRRUS NIKON F lens adapter 4/3 E-3 E30 E-5 E-620 E-600 | eBay
    2) Nikon lens adapter to E-P2 G2 E-P1 G10 E-PL1 GF1 GH1 G1 | eBay
    3) Nikon lens adapter to Micro 4/3 M43 E-P1 G2 G1 GH1 GF1 | eBay

Thank you

2. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I use a Rainbow adapter. It works, no complaints.

G

3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    The first Rainbow Imaging link you posted is the only one that states for sure that it includes an Aperture control ring, and the photo even shows it (none of the others show any sign of one). To be safe, I would go for that adapter, as you definitely do want that aperture control.

Plus, I've dealt with Rainbow Imaging and they are quite fast and reliable. Fotodiox seems to be better quality overall, but it all depends on which adapter you get...

4. You only need the G adapter if you using the later model Nikon lenses that don't feature an aperture ring on the lens. The F adapter is fine if you are only using the older lenses that have their own aperture ring.

5. Warren T.

Warren T. Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 10, 2010
    San Francisco
    I've been using a RainbowImaging standard (non G) F adapter for over a year with no problems.

--Warren

6. quinlan

quinlan New to Mu-43

Jul 31, 2011
    I decided on the one Warren took. Thanks for your help and thoughts.