1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Nikkor 35mm f2.8 PC (Perspective Control)

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Justified_Sinner, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Justified_Sinner

Justified_Sinner Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Dauvit Alexander
    Has anyone used one of these - or a similar - Perspective Control lens on MFT? My local camera shop has one for sale. I can't find any image samples on MFT online, so have no idea how well it would work. I would be keen to hear your thoughts and see any photographs taken with it.

2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    PC lenses have largely fallen out of favor today as unlike with film, it is fairly easy to correct perspective distortion using Photoshop or other imaging tools today. Admittedly, the results aren't quite a good (you lose a fair bit of resolution).

In the case of mFT, you have the additional disadvantage that the 2x crop factor turns a moderate wide-angle lens (35/2.8) into a moderate telephoto (70mm equivalent). PC is most useful for architectural images, which typically tend to be wide.

For mFT, you also have the option of getting a shift adapter, and using it with a regular lens. If you are certain that the software approach isn't for you, I'd suggest considering the shift adapter and a regular lens rather than a PC lens. You'll have a lot more options in terms of focal lengths, and you'll also save a good bit of money.

Hope that helps.

DH

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gwendal

Gwendal Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
  4. Justified_Sinner

Justified_Sinner Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Dauvit Alexander
    Thanks! I was worried that the crop-factor would be an issue.
    I don't like doing anything "post" to my photographs except tweaking and cropping and I can understand how PC would cause resolution problems, so that is not an option for me.
    Great article link, thanks!