Nik Silver Efex update

Updated Nik Silver Efex from version 3 to v 4. However it still shows up as v 3 in standalone LR6. I have rebooted browser and laptop, but it still shows as v 3, although the interface is different.

Does this mean I have the upgrade that I paid for?

Thanks

The Nik Collection 4 does include an updated version of Silver Efex Pro 3.

Does v 4 only show as that if one is running DXO or updated LR? Thanks

There definitely does seem to be a different interface and some new options, but I checked the list of porgrammes and it is still v 3 there.

Thanks again.

Okay, so checked in Control Panel, and the latest version of Nik is listed there.

I am assuming it has updated because of the different interface etc, but not showing in LR 6, as it is an old purchased copy that I have, as I do not want to use subscription option.

PeeBee

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
The Nik Collection is a package of separate plugins. The 4 refers to the package version, but each plugin has it’s own independent version number.

I tend to use Nik in Photoshop where it opens a launcher and I can open any of the plugins as a new layer. I can’t remember if the launcher shows the Collection version, but once I open a plug-in, I see the plug-in version number, the same as you do when you are in LR.

RAH

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Rich
The Nik Collection is a package of separate plugins. The 4 refers to the package version, but each plugin has it’s own independent version number.
I agree with this. I recently purchased the NIK Collection 4, and the help file shows this (a screen snapshot):
nik_snapshot.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

OldRadioGuy

Enthusiast Amateur
Real Name
Bob
The latest release of the Nik Collection by DxO is "4"
Two of the plugins got significant changes: Viveza 3 (from the previous Viveza 2) and Silver Efex Pro 3 (from the previous Silver Efex Pro 2). Alterations to the other plugins in the collection were minor and their numbers, if they had one, were not changed.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom