Nik Plugin resources?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by sammykhalifa, Jun 23, 2015.

1. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    I've had the Nik Plugin bundle for LR for some time now. I absolutely love Viveza as well as the NR/sharpening "modules" but feel as if the others are lost on me. When I fire ColorEFX up, for example, it just seems like an overwhelming number of options and I end up creating a monster that was worse than what I started with. I'm sure it's me and not the program.

I realize there is a huge number of videos/articles/etc out there. Are there any that are better/simpler than the others? I realize that lots of it is just trial-and-error, and I probably get frustrated and give up before I should, but I'm thinking that perhaps a "SilverEFX for Idiots" or something similar might get me on the right foot.

Heh, I have about 500 Cliché Florida Vacation Photographs™ on the card right now and would like to try with these again.
  2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
  3. Ricoh

Ricoh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 2, 2013
    I'd recommend 'A Photographer's Guide to Silver Efex Pro 2' by Jasen Odell.
  4. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    I used Nik before they were Googled. I have noticed since then there have been few releases and updates. I moved on to Perfect Photo Suite as my main Lr plugin set. PPS has a far wider range of features and capabilities. It returns edited images as PSDs to my Lr library. The good think with have choices in plugins.
  5. lomomentum

lomomentum Mu-43 Regular

Search for Robin Whalley ebooks on Amazon. Very good value.