1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Nik Plugin resources?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by sammykhalifa, Jun 23, 2015.

1. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    Hey,
    I've had the Nik Plugin bundle for LR for some time now. I absolutely love Viveza as well as the NR/sharpening "modules" but feel as if the others are lost on me. When I fire ColorEFX up, for example, it just seems like an overwhelming number of options and I end up creating a monster that was worse than what I started with. I'm sure it's me and not the program.

I realize there is a huge number of videos/articles/etc out there. Are there any that are better/simpler than the others? I realize that lots of it is just trial-and-error, and I probably get frustrated and give up before I should, but I'm thinking that perhaps a "SilverEFX for Idiots" or something similar might get me on the right foot.

Heh, I have about 500 Cliché Florida Vacation Photographs™ on the card right now and would like to try with these again.

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
  3. Ricoh

Ricoh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 2, 2013
    UK
    Steve
    I'd recommend 'A Photographer's Guide to Silver Efex Pro 2' by Jasen Odell.

4. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    I used Nik before they were Googled. I have noticed since then there have been few releases and updates. I moved on to Perfect Photo Suite as my main Lr plugin set. PPS has a far wider range of features and capabilities. It returns edited images as PSDs to my Lr library. The good think with Lr.....you have choices in plugins.

5. lomomentum

lomomentum Mu-43 Regular

Search for Robin Whalley ebooks on Amazon. Very good value.