Nik Colour Efex Pro 4 On The Way!

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by DekHog, Sep 7, 2011.

1. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    If it's more fun than '3' I'll never leave the house....

Colour Efex Pro 4

Key new features.

Filter Combinations – Add multiple filters at once, adjust opacity, and make selective adjustments to get the desired look

Brand New Filters – Detail Extractor, Dark Contrast, Vintage Film Efex, Natural Image Borders, and more

Improved Filters – Advancements to imaging algorithms and new controls have improved filters such as Brilliance/Warmth, Tonal Contrast, and more

Visual Presets – Each filter contains single-click starting points making it possible to explore creative options quickly

Filter Recipes – Customize and share filter combinations with others using recipes

History Browser – Compare previous edits and different looks quickly and intuitively

GPU Processing and Multi-Core Optimization – Takes full advantage of the processor found on advanced display adapters as well as all of the cores on your CPU

Interface, Interaction, and Workflow – Benefit from interface and interaction improvements to filters, zoom controls, shortcut keys, and much more

• Like Like x 3
  2. SNTP

SNTP Mu-43 Regular

Sep 7, 2011
    I love version 3, version 4 sounds awesome!! Can't wait!

3. Add multiple filters at once, yay!

4. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    I'm ecstatic about that one myself.... :biggrin:

5. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    How are folks at NIK re upgrades ? I purchased CEP3 recently so am wondering if they have traditionally had discounted upgrade options previously.

6. dtchan

dtchan Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 24, 2010
    Oh wow.... I just won the contest to Nik software challenge. I hope I can get this version instead. Can't wait!

7. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Looks like it could be good news for you depending on when you purchased - this was at the bottom of the email I received from them.... :smile:

If you bought Color Efex Pro 3.0 Complete, Select or one of our Complete Collections on or after August 7, 2011, you will receive a free upgrade to Color Efex Pro 4 upon availability. For additional information, please visit: www.niksoftware.com/freeupgrade

• Like Like x 1
  8. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe

You're the man DekHog, that's amazing news....I purchased the Complete Collection August 19 so its looking good :biggrin:

9. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Other upgrades seem to be half price - $99 for the Complete version (full price $199). I'm pretty sure this site's discount detail still applies - mods should be able to confirm this.

10. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    that one will be a torrent download - I mean purchase.

11. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

A torrent Purchase. A classic mate.

:rofl:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.