1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Nik Colour Efex Pro 4 On The Way!

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by DekHog, Sep 7, 2011.

1. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    If it's more fun than '3' I'll never leave the house....

Colour Efex Pro 4

Key new features.

Filter Combinations – Add multiple filters at once, adjust opacity, and make selective adjustments to get the desired look

Brand New Filters – Detail Extractor, Dark Contrast, Vintage Film Efex, Natural Image Borders, and more

Improved Filters – Advancements to imaging algorithms and new controls have improved filters such as Brilliance/Warmth, Tonal Contrast, and more

Visual Presets – Each filter contains single-click starting points making it possible to explore creative options quickly

Filter Recipes – Customize and share filter combinations with others using recipes

History Browser – Compare previous edits and different looks quickly and intuitively

GPU Processing and Multi-Core Optimization – Takes full advantage of the processor found on advanced display adapters as well as all of the cores on your CPU

Interface, Interaction, and Workflow – Benefit from interface and interaction improvements to filters, zoom controls, shortcut keys, and much more

• Like Like x 3
  2. SNTP

SNTP Mu-43 Regular

Sep 7, 2011
    I love version 3, version 4 sounds awesome!! Can't wait!

3. Add multiple filters at once, yay!

4. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    I'm ecstatic about that one myself.... :biggrin:

5. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    How are folks at NIK re upgrades ? I purchased CEP3 recently so am wondering if they have traditionally had discounted upgrade options previously.

6. dtchan

dtchan Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 24, 2010
    Oh wow.... I just won the contest to Nik software challenge. I hope I can get this version instead. Can't wait!

7. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Looks like it could be good news for you depending on when you purchased - this was at the bottom of the email I received from them.... :smile:

If you bought Color Efex Pro 3.0 Complete, Select or one of our Complete Collections on or after August 7, 2011, you will receive a free upgrade to Color Efex Pro 4 upon availability. For additional information, please visit: www.niksoftware.com/freeupgrade

• Like Like x 1
  8. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe

You're the man DekHog, that's amazing news....I purchased the Complete Collection August 19 so its looking good :biggrin:

9. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Other upgrades seem to be half price - $99 for the Complete version (full price $199). I'm pretty sure this site's discount detail still applies - mods should be able to confirm this.

10. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    that one will be a torrent download - I mean purchase.

11. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

A torrent Purchase. A classic mate.

:rofl: