1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Nica Life Ain't Our Life

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Robert Watcher, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Robert Watcher

Robert Watcher Mu-43 Top Veteran

NICA-LIFE PICS - - - Masaya, Nicaragua

We see this type of thing all the time. People sleeping on fast moving vehicles going down busy highways. The guy in front was sleeping too. Just doing it sitting up. Don't know how they don't fall off. Or maybe they do!

20110304-20110304-E3046193-Edit.

NICA-RURAL-LIFE PICS - - - Jinotepe, Nicaragua

OK - maybe you've still seen the odd horse and carriage - - - but when is the last time you've seen cows pulling carts! (Just sitting back and chewing some sugar cane)

20110303-20110303-E3036102-Edit.

NICA-CITY-LIFE - - - Bluefields, Nicaragua

So you've seen a horse and carriage and appreciate cows pulling carts - - - but I ask you? How much would someone have to pay YOU to be the horse or cow that's pulling the cart, weaving in and out of traffic on busy streets. Sometimes without any shoes on. Sometimes hauling carts with wooden wheels! (this guy has it made)

20150817-EPL51986-Edit.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Love the truck,
    but the guy with the trolley is overcooked.
    Try layers and selective masking to bring out the "dramatic tone" only in selected parts. I mean : less is more.

3. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Nice pictures !
    People do fall off and get killed or injured. t's a wonder it does not happen more often that it does......
    Those "cows" are oxen. Oxen have been used as draw beasts since time immemorial.... You see them pulling plows a lot... In many countries people still use animals to do work.
    Actually, the man pulling the cart would probably have an easier time if the wheels were more narrow and made of solid rubber. Those fatter, pneumatic tires have a lot more drag.

Yes, poorer people in less developed countries definitely have less cushy lives than many of us in the USA or Europe.

4. PacNWMike

PacNWMike Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Dec 5, 2014
    Salish Sea
    guess?
    Maybe, maybe not. I'm sure that he is well aware of the trade-offs. Cost for one thing. Weight bearing is another. And soft terrain or mud...
    In my experience people are expert in making the most efficient use of available materials.