NFL. Tom Brady and the 45-200. Home Opener

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by Alanroseman, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hi Folks,

First post in a while. I'm a long time Patriots season ticket holder, I rarely bring a camera but decided today was the day. A fabulously beautiful early Fall day in New England.

What's better than Tom Brady, AKA Tom Terrific? Nothing.

G1 / 45-200 / Aperture 3 with my 45-200 preset

View_of_Stadium.

TB_set_2.

TB_Throw_2.

TB_Set_to_throw.

TB_Throws.

TB_Surveys_Foeld.

Tb_Throws_from_10.

TB_from_End_Zone.

• Like Like x 13
  2. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    Now Alan, you know perfectly well that you can't do sports with micro 4/3 and you also know that the 45-200 is too slow and soft at the long end.

So you now need to apologise to the forum for posting these obviously fraudulent pictures

:biggrin::biggrin:

Gordon

• Like Like x 4
  3. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

Wow. That old camera still takes pretty good pictures. :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs: :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  4. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern California
    Patriots put a whippin on us at Gilette today. If its any game to learn from it will be this one for norv turnover.

Great shots alan!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alanroseman

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hi Flash,

I have no idea what I was thinking when I made this sorry effort...

While it wouldn't be my choice if I were being paid to shoot sports, the idea that one can not actually take sports photos with an ยต43 is patently ridiculous.

I had a few of Phillip Rivers also, then decided ahhhhh... it's all about Tommy boy..

Cheers, Alan

6. Alanroseman

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hi Zephyr,

I have to say we really like Rivers, he's the goods. Norv on the other hand not so much.

We never feel comfortable with any lead against Rivers though, he's awesome.

7. Alanroseman

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hi Nueces snapper,

Here's an old quote, still apropos.

"it ain't the arrow, it's the archer"

Brady is other worldly.

Alan

8. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    Welllllll, seeing as you asked.... This man:

Adam+Goodes+AFL+Rd+24+Sydney+v+Brisbane+TnxGLKJQOaEl.
    Adam Goodes - we really should send him Stateside one day to show you lads how to play some footy :wink:

(Seriously though, great shots :smile:)

• Like Like x 4
  9. Alanroseman

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hi Nick,

Who's he play for? Does he make lots of dough?

10. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    So jealous. Hadbto watch it on tv. Hernandez and Gronkowski are also amazing. Any pics from Wilforks int?

11. nickthetasmaniac

Jan 11, 2011
    Plays for Sydney. Probably not, AFL has a bitch of a salary-cap...

• Like Like x 1
  12. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    Aussie Rules is cool but I prefer Rugby (what happened to the Wallabies on the weekend?)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. nickthetasmaniac

Jan 11, 2011
    We shan't talk about that (thank god I'm from the Southern States and can therefore claim disinterest...)

• Like Like x 1
  14. svetlin

svetlin New to Mu-43

Jun 14, 2010
    Really? Nothing, not even family or photography is better?
    Enough.
    No point in trying to suck up to mass media frenzy and dumb down our own perception of things.
    Let us keep the world in proper perspective without using beer-induced exaggeration.
    Semi-literate sportsmen are not the measure of all things worthy.

15. drizek

drizek Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    Are you from San Diego?

• Like Like x 1
  16. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    I am no fan of the Patriots and Tom Brady, who robbed the Raiders of their last Superbowl hope with that fumble which was called an incomplete pass...

Nice photos though!

17. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Great set of photos Alan. And yes, I agree Brady is pretty awesome. And he gets the girls too!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Alanroseman

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Ahhh it was a long wait for payback. Are you old enough to recall the famous "roughing the passer call" made by Ben Drieth on Sugar Bear Hamilton which robbed the Pats of an opportunity to go to the Super Bowl in 1976?

That Patriots team suffered the same fate in Oakland as was experienced by Oakland in New England many years later.. "What goes around......

19. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Nice shots Alan! Brady is great, no question. He probably wouldn't be as good playing for a different coach on a different team, but he'd be VERY damn good regardless.

I think m43 is great for lots of sports photography. I think it probably falls down a bit for the real hard core pros who are all lined up in the photographers pit near the dugouts (at baseball games) with their super long lenses shooting about 100,000 frames per second and always seem to nail perfect detail in the seams of the baseball as the bat strikes it, or the diving catch the outfielder makes just at the ball enters his mitt. THAT kind of stuff is still the territory for pro level DSLRs, but for everyday sports shooting, I've never had any problem with m43 and its even easier with the new cameras with faster AF. When I used to shoot telephoto with the EP2 or GF1, I'd get a lot of misses to go along with some hits. With the GH2 and now the EP3, there are very few misses and LOTS of hits.

I assume the EPL3 will do as well - I'll probably take it to our last regular season game on Tuesday and put it through its paces. Then off to the playoffs! I hope the Sox will be there, but they sure know how to make it difficult on themselves. And I imagine you locals are getting ulcers right along with Francona... :cool:

-Ray

20. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    The 45-200 is certainly a nice lens but those pics aren't all that sharp. It definitely is showing the limitations of either the camera, the lens or both.