NEX or E-PL or... What's he sayin'?

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by BarefootPilgrim, Dec 30, 2011.

1. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    An interesting comparison between Sony and Olympus appeared online the week before Christmas and I just encountered it today. It's a review of what some folks may call old technology -- the Sony NEX-3 and Oly E-PL1. And it offers some intriguing conclusinons, which the author presents at the start of the review instead of the end :) rolleyes:) .

I found the review additionally fascinating because it appears on a site that is totally unrelated to photography in any way shape or form. What's it doing there? Go figure! :confused: 

No, I'm not trolling here, although it almost feels that way. I just about decided not to mention it, but thought others might find it interesting too. Not saying I buy into all his conclusions, but it was a fun read. Anyway, see what you think. The review is at Peter Free's web site here...

Enjoy.

2. kenc

kenc Mu-43 Regular

Dec 18, 2011
    Thanks for this one. A very interesting site, as well as a thoughtful review.

3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    When I used the NEX3, the metering was never right. He has an opposite conclusion.

Interesting review -- purposely reviewing "older" technology for the frugally minded.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.