NEX or E-PL or... What's he sayin'?

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by BarefootPilgrim, Dec 30, 2011.

1. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    An interesting comparison between Sony and Olympus appeared online the week before Christmas and I just encountered it today. It's a review of what some folks may call old technology -- the Sony NEX-3 and Oly E-PL1. And it offers some intriguing conclusinons, which the author presents at the start of the review instead of the end :)rolleyes:).

I found the review additionally fascinating because it appears on a site that is totally unrelated to photography in any way shape or form. What's it doing there? Go figure! :confused:

No, I'm not trolling here, although it almost feels that way. I just about decided not to mention it, but thought others might find it interesting too. Not saying I buy into all his conclusions, but it was a fun read. Anyway, see what you think. The review is at Peter Free's web site here...

Enjoy.

2. kenc

kenc Mu-43 Regular

Dec 18, 2011
    Thanks for this one. A very interesting site, as well as a thoughtful review.

3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    When I used the NEX3, the metering was never right. He has an opposite conclusion.

Interesting review -- purposely reviewing "older" technology for the frugally minded.