NEX classic lenses and adapters question

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by AlexH, Jan 28, 2013.

1. AlexH

AlexH Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 27, 2012
    Arkansas, U.S.
    So, I might be getting back into the NEX game, and I had a few questions for the NEX shooters out there.

I'd like to tinker with some old lenses, maybe some old Leicas. Which adapters work well without breaking the bank? Also, any tips on some cool classic lenses (preferably Leica or similar) that won't break the bank?

This is just for kicks.

2. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    I'm a NEX shooter. I like rainbowimaging adapters from eBay. Nice lenses that pair up well with the NEX and don't break the bank...I really Minolta Rokkors. They had a working agreement in the 70's an 80's with Leica and you can find some Rokkors that were also sold as Leica R lenses such as the 35-70/3.5 macro and 24/2.8. If what you mean is small then lenses like the Olympus Pen-F 38/1.8 are excellent. If you mean rangefinder lenses then I would suggest taking a look at some Russian lenses like the Jupiter 8 50/2 (clone of a pre-war Zeiss design).

With focus peaking the NEX is a fun platform for manual focus lenses. It works well, plays to the system's strengths and can be a lot of fun.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AlexH

AlexH Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 27, 2012
    Arkansas, U.S.
    Thanks for the tips! I picked up a Jupiter 8. Just waiting on the gear to arrive.

Also, any legacy macro lens recommendations anyone?