1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Nex and MFT lens interchangeable?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by mach330, Apr 15, 2011.

1. mach330

mach330 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    The OC
    pardon my stupid question. i've always thought they were, but now i'm second guessing myself. Are they? Can I use all my mft and mft adapters with nex-5?

2. shoturtle

shoturtle  

Oct 15, 2010
    Do they even make a adapter for m4/3 to E-mount? And would it even MF, for get about aperture control? But there will be a image circle problem. aps-c of the nex will require a larger image circle then what M4/3 lenses produce. When using legacy you are going from FF down to m4/3, so bigger to smaller. Not sure it will work from smaller to larger.

3. mach330

mach330 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    The OC
    oh ok. that's what i thought since it has aps-c. thx.

4. shoturtle

shoturtle  

Oct 15, 2010
    I know I have seen some crop lens of FF from with nikon, where the users forgot to crop the sensor for the lens. And it produce some very strange results. I would suspect it would do the same if you try to put a m4/3 lens on aps-c.

5. I believe that 4/3 and m4/3 lenses would just about be the most unadaptable lenses you could get for other interchangable lens systems. Too-small image circle, no aperture control, no focus control, short flange focal distance...