Nex-3 or e-p2 for wife...

Inhouse

My wife has been on me for a camera of her own. She loves manual focusing, and she is using only legacy glass. What do you think? e-p2 or nex-3? She will not be using a viewfinder, just the LCD is what she likes.

dixeyk

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
The NEX without a doubt. If what she wants is to use manual focus lenses and use the LCD focus peaking on the NEX is a much better option for that. Since getting my NEX-C3 a few months back I sold off all my m43 adapters and use it exclusively as a digital back for my legacy lenses. Also the 1.5x crop factor on the NEX's APS-C sensor is nice.

SNTP

Mu-43 Regular
Hands down the NEX for the focus peaking. plus she'll probably think it looks cuter

Inhouse - I recommend the new F3 over the C3 - built-in flash, flip forward LCD, a little bigger so it's not overshadowed by its lenses - only a few dollars more.
Cheers,
Bill

twmangrove

Mu-43 Regular
Good thing you didn't accidentally post in the by and sell forum. That subject line might have been interpreted in an entirely different way.

ean10775

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Eric
Agree with all the above regarding the NEX for MF lenses. The E-P2 is, in my opinion (along with the E-P1), the worst of the PEN cameras for legacy glass due to the lack of an easy way to activate the zoomed focus assist.

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro
Agree with all the above regarding the NEX for MF lenses. The E-P2 is, in my opinion (along with the E-P1), the worst of the PEN cameras for legacy glass due to the lack of an easy way to activate the zoomed focus assist.
I agree complete. My E-P1 was absolutely horrible for MF glass. My NEX 3 is a joy.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom