Nex-3 or e-p2 for wife...

Discussion in 'This or That?' started by Inhouse, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Inhouse

Jun 29, 2012
    My wife has been on me for a camera of her own. She loves manual focusing, and she is using only legacy glass. What do you think? e-p2 or nex-3? She will not be using a viewfinder, just the LCD is what she likes.
  2. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    The NEX without a doubt. If what she wants is to use manual focus lenses and use the LCD focus peaking on the NEX is a much better option for that. Since getting my NEX-C3 a few months back I sold off all my m43 adapters and use it exclusively as a digital back for my legacy lenses. Also the 1.5x crop factor on the NEX's APS-C sensor is nice.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. SNTP

SNTP Mu-43 Regular

Sep 7, 2011
    Hands down the NEX for the focus peaking. plus she'll probably think it looks cuter
  4. Inhouse

Jun 29, 2012
    That's what i was thinking, the NEX-3. Thanks for the responses.
  5. brunerww

Mar 5, 2011
    Inhouse - I recommend the new F3 over the C3 - built-in flash, flip forward LCD, a little bigger so it's not overshadowed by its lenses - only a few dollars more.
  6. twmangrove

twmangrove Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2011
    The Shuswap, B.C.
    Good thing you didn't accidentally post in the by and sell forum. That subject line might have been interpreted in an entirely different way.
  7. capodave

capodave Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    Southern Cal
    I thought the same thing )
  8. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Agree with all the above regarding the NEX for MF lenses. The E-P2 is, in my opinion (along with the E-P1), the worst of the PEN cameras for legacy glass due to the lack of an easy way to activate the zoomed focus assist.
  9. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    I agree complete. My E-P1 was absolutely horrible for MF glass. My NEX 3 is a joy.
  10. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    A NEX body IMHO....
  11. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Nex3 definitely because I have a red one to sell.
  12. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Toronto, Ont
    that's what I thought! i was :confused: then i was :rofl: