1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

NewToo

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by JoeG, Apr 1, 2010.

1. JoeG

JoeG Mu-43 Regular

Hi,

I've been lurking here for months and finally registered. I've gotten some wonderful information and look forward to receiving plenty more.

I'm an old SLR shooter (Konica, alas) but have to say I get better shots with my p&s than I ever got with film. My current camera is a Ricoh CX1, which I love, but I miss the size and possibilities of bigger images and manual controls. The Panasonic G1 looks right up my alley, but I'm waiting to hear more about the Samsung NX 10. I realize I'd better not wait long, or the G1 will be history!

Thanks to Amin and all of you who make these forums so helpful and pleasant to visit.

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Welcome to the forum, Joe! Thanks for introducing and hope you decide to go with MFT :smile:.

3. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

:biggrin:Glad you delurked, JoeG! Take advantage of all these G1 folks on here. I'm sure they'd love to discuss their fondness for their cameras.:thumbup:

5. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Welcome JoeG to the "Friendly four thirds site" - full of information, wit, wonder and helpful people.

Beware though, you maybe become so engrossed that before you realise it you are unboxing that micro 4/3rds camera without even a sideways glance at the others!

6. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Welcome Joe!
    I only got mine cos I'm too stingey to shell out for an e-P2&EVF ... but I like it v.much.

7. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Welcome Joe, make yourself at home :friends:

Cheers

Brian

8. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Joe ! Sit down and enjoy this great community !

9. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Welcome!