news on the TTartisan 17/1.4

jimr.pdx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim R
Finally, news about the match for my 35/1.4! :thumbup: "Coming in May".

https://www.pergear.com/blogs/news/ttartisan-17mm-f1-4-and-50mm-f1-2

• Price
The price of TTArtisan 35mm F1.4is only $73, the 17mm F1.4 will be $118 on Pergear, and $139 on Amazon.

• Specifications of TTArtisan 17mm f/1.4:
Focal length: 17mm
Maximum aperture: F1.4
Minimum aperture: F16
Frame: APS-C, M43
Focus method: manual
Filter size: 40.5mm
Closet focusing distance: 0.2m
Diaphragm Blades: 10pcs
Optical Design: 9 Elements in 8 Groups
Weight: around 248g

Edit: I don't see any timeline on the web page.
I got there after an e-mail from Pergear with this link (highlight mine):

1618093404840.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Legend
If I didn't have the Oly 9mm BCL, the new Pergear 10mm f/8 fishy pancake would be interesting too..
I looked at that but not sure if it is better than the Oly one you mention. I suppose since i do own the Oly one it did not make sense for me but if i did not own one it would be a consideration, but more expensive

Last edited:

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Legend
Finally, news about the match for my 35/1.4! :thumbup: "Coming in May".

https://www.pergear.com/blogs/news/ttartisan-17mm-f1-4-and-50mm-f1-2

• Price
The price of TTArtisan 35mm F1.4is only $73, the 17mm F1.4 will be $118 on Pergear, and $139 on Amazon.

• Specifications of TTArtisan 17mm f/1.4:
Focal length: 17mm
Maximum aperture: F1.4
Minimum aperture: F16
Frame: APS-C, M43
Focus method: manual
Filter size: 40.5mm
Closet focusing distance: 0.2m
Diaphragm Blades: 10pcs
Optical Design: 9 Elements in 8 Groups
Weight: around 248g

Edit: I don't see any timeline on the web page.
I got there after an e-mail from Pergear with this link (highlight mine):

View attachment 882497
Think i will keep an eye on this one

S-Osolin

Mu-43 Regular
248g.

I'm tempted. I have Sigma dc dn 16mm, but it's constantly left at home because of it's size and weight.

S-Osolin

Mu-43 Regular
Yeah, I'll warrant that ghosting is a bad on 16mm, but I rarely do use it in those situations, so It hasn't bothered me that much.

mawz

Mu-43 Veteran
Now we just need to get them to do a 24/1.4 to match the other 3....It would be excellent for both m43 and APS-C (where the 35mm-e equivalents mostly are either pricey AF lenses or rehoused CCTV ultra-cheap lenses)

The Grumpy Snapper

Mu-43 Veteran
I read somewhere that it has a clickless aperture but I also seem to recall reading that it had a clicked aperture so which is it?

aw614

Mu-43 Regular
The 35mm 1.4 has clicked aperture so I'm hoping the the 17mm does. Though the m43 mount version I had got jammed and right now it isn't clicked, while my e mount copy of the 35mm still works.

Thinking of picking the 17mm eventually...going to wait it out for more reviews vs rushing to get the 35mm

RAH

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Rich
Two users have said that the aperture is clickless on the 17mm unlike the 35mm and 50mm lenses. I'm disappointed by that.
Jimmy Cheng specifically says that it has clicks and briefly shows it clicking at 1:40 in the video I posted above. He even mentions that it won't change aperture "due to knocks." Not sure who is correct, however.

Roboticspro

Shepherding photons since the 50's
Good Afternoon,

According to Amazon, mine is waiting for me in Reno. I'll know the "click status" by late Monday night when my JetBlue flight gets in. I wonder if they did some up randomly for video users without notification; I do not remember that as an option when I ordered. I also got a 40.5mm hood and Urth (Gobe) filter to deal with the desert conditions and smoke/steam while running a 4-4-0 on the 4th of July out of Ely...:biggrin:.

Regards,

Edd

meredith

Mu-43 Rookie
I've received my copy through Pergear just now. It has gentle half-stop clicks through the entire 1.4-16 range. The lens is still slightly warm from sitting on the mail truck (so lubricants should be a little thin) and it takes a pretty firm twist to rotate both aperture and focus. It's a smidge firmer than the 35/1.4.

Another thing, that I was pretty careful about checking product photos for before preordering, is that the rear lens element and surrounding mount do not conflict with the body electrical pins at all. I've seen this on another APS-C lens with a M43 flange attached* so I'm wary of buying another that does that.

Let me know if I can answer any questions that haven't been answered here or in a review yet!

* - That lens was the RISESPRAY 35mm f/1.2, which pushes into the pins at infinity-focus. I'm sure this is a function of the larger maximum aperture plus being an APS-C design, but still, I check for this issue now.

Latest threads

Top Bottom