news on the TTartisan 17/1.4

aw614

Mu-43 Regular
I wonder if was a QA issue with some having clickless aperture. My 35mm F1.4 m43 mount had issues with the clicked aperture getting jammed. Didn't want to deal with mailing it back to HK to the seller for an exchange and the seller sent me a video on how to take it apart. I fixed it, but somehow the clicks stopped working on it.

jimr.pdx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim R
My copy arrived today. First impressions are very nice, will try to share some soon!

Aperture clicks on my copy are much 'fainter' than the 35/1.4; those on the 17mm are barely felt at all! I slightly prefer the 35 for its gentle but distinct clicks, but both are fine and equally well put together.

I wanted to have the TTArtisan trifecta, but I picked up a Zonlai 50/1.4 at a similar price. Same general design, both brands stop at 0.5m min focus - but Zonlai is smaller and lighter by a decent amount, and loss of f/1.2 isn't something I'll lose sleep over. Three fine primes - and a Samyang 12/2 coming to complete the native prime set (along with my opteka 85 and pentax 135 adaptations).

Latest threads

Top Bottom