News: my street just flash flooded.

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Kosta, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Kosta

Kosta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 29, 2010
    I'm driving home and the rain is getting kinda heavy.

I pull into my street and it's still heavy.
    4 second run to the door and my clothes are dripping.

I run back out to move the car up hill to higher ground as the water is nearly at the door line.

I get the raincoat on and stay out to direct people away, and after they accelerate past to splash me and ignore the warning, I enjoy watching them get bogged. :p

not great shots but I was high and dry. (after an hour wading the knee-deep water)
    We are just after the bottom of the hill..

<iframe align="center" src="" frameBorder="0" width="500" height="500" scrolling="no"></iframe><br/><small>Created with <a href="" title="">Admarket's</a> <a href="" title="flickrSLiDR">flickrSLiDR</a>.</small>

...and now the rain gets heavier.
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mate, WTF is with the weather in Australia at the moment? Did someone press the 'smite' button?!?
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Kosta

Kosta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 29, 2010
    I could get really political on this one but I think it's not the time or place for it. I don't see the weather getting any better to be honest. :( fingers crossed!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. pboga

pboga Mu-43 Regular

Dec 6, 2010
    Crap man!

The world is really coming to an end.
  5. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Seems like its been this way everyplace. The weather this year has been extreme in so many locations around the world.

It's possible the earth is trying to rid herself of us.....

Hope all is well with your family and property.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Gee whiz man, something's goning wrong. Like the other day we had and earth quake at St George, which isn't that far from us. An Earthquake!! That never happens here.
    Let's hope your grass drains away otherwise it'll end up like alot of the cotton did around here. Dead.

If you others on the forum don't hear from us Aussies, you'll understand what's happened.

It made me laugh when I saw this. CNN news musta figured that the cyclone was big enough to push Queensland all the way down into Tassie.

<a href="" title="180182_10150159253459913_530459912_7834007_4706975_n by iconindustries, on Flickr">[​IMG]"427" height="640" alt="180182_10150159253459913_530459912_7834007_4706975_n" /></a>
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    We got hit pretty bad in Glen Waverley .. worst I can remember. :frown:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Feel sorry for you guys on the east coast - what have you done to deserve this? Still hot and sunny in Perth although we have had a lot of thunderstorms inland with damage. Crazy.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Icon, if you don't hear from us on the East Coast of the USA it's because we are frozen solid.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Snow, Dallas

We had about seven apparent inches of overnight snow in Plano, Texas last night. That is on top of 2-3 inches of frozen sleet from a thunder/lightning/freezing sleet storm Monday/Tuesday night.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    The Koreans have invented a weather-control machine simply to boost sales of Utes.
  12. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    LOL ... (I like that ... I'll steal the quote ... possibly with attribution)

Kosta ... the flooding looks like California ... so where are the mudslides? Seriously, Good luck to you guys, I hope things dry out soon.

13. sinpig

sinpig Mu-43 Regular

Sep 2, 2010
    Superior, WI
    Good luck to you all!

Here in Northeast Wisconsin the weather has been insane, but "normal" by our standards, you have to keep into account the big lake next to our backyard (Lake Superior)

Still to watch the news, is to wonder what the heck is up with the weather everywhere, I'm from Costa Rica and this past rainy season, was by all accounts one of the worst, with mudslides, tornados (extremely rare) and crazy heat.

Maybe it's like REM sings: "it's the end of the world as we know it...

Keep safe
  14. demiro

demiro Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010

That is her only chance to survive, I'm afraid.
  15. AceStar

AceStar Mu-43 Regular

Jan 9, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia