1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

News from Nikon

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by Herman, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    New camera system soon click here.

2. soundimageplus

soundimageplus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 2, 2010
    Worcestershire
    They seem in no hurry.

3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    I expect that canon is working on a mirrorless camera too.
    Hope Pan will unveil a rangefinder camera soon (that is real soon, this month...)
    How's weather in UK ? We got BBQ weather !

4. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Would be nice to see a Pen sized cam with full frame sensor, rangefinder quality EVF, Leica M sized lenses at m4/3rds prices. That would get my interest, otherwise it's the long haul waiting for Olympus to bring those SHG quality lenses for m4/3rds :rolleyes:

Cheers

Brian

5. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

I'd expect good low light performance from the Nikon sensor - keeps things interesting for us :43: users.

6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

7. franklyspeaking

franklyspeaking Mu-43 Regular

Panny apparently did or is starting to unveil a mirror-less rangefinder. Unfortunately, it's not what I was hoping for. No interchangeable lens.

New Panasonic camera was presented in Sweden | Photo Rumors

8. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

I was selling cameras in the '50s..at that time Nikon and Canon emerged as the Japanese Leica and Contax and they have never lost their impact on the industry. From all that I can see with the emergence of the m-4/3rds I can see both manufacturers bringing back the RF concept with modern technology as the operating system...it stands to reason that if Leica can pull it off, and they have albeit a very costly system then conikon group can. In the '50s we sold literally thousands of both new entries because the Germans had not retooled fast enough after the war resulting in a lot of excellent German camera manufacturers disappearing. The Japanese prove that they could build glass as good or better than the Germans and it went on from then to what we have today. For those who don't know, it was the Korean war that opened the door for the Japs when photo journalists arrived in Japan and discovered Japanese lenses that would fit their German cameras that were as good or better for a lot less money.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jerry_R

Jerry_R Mu-43 Regular

Jun 26, 2010
    Leica is to present FF EVIL during Photokina.
    Smaller than M9, half the price of M9 - as rumored. With AF - sensor will move, not the lens.

But for sure - more expensive than m43 :-(

10. igi

igi Mu-43 Regular

Feb 24, 2010
    *sighs like a teenage boy after seeing his crush*:rofl:

11. igi

igi Mu-43 Regular

Feb 24, 2010
    Well, Canon seems to be sleeping on this whole EVIL game.:wink: