Newly born OM-D M-E5 Mark II searches for polygamic relationship with 2 or 3 lenses.

sellera

Mu-43 Rookie
Lens choice is very personal and heavily dependent on what you shoot. I'm lucky to have a few lenses in my kit - most of which i have acquired used. For me, I find zooms excellent for landscapes and general daytime use. If you do a lot of this, then getting a wide- standard zoom is the best initial plan.

You're absolutely right! My goal is to shoot some landscapes with the 12-40 @ 12mm; it was my first intention when I was planning to get the 17mm 1.8, but the 12-40 hooked me!

There is no shortage of choice for such lenses in the u43 world with everything from cheap kit lenses through to higher end f2.8 ones. Most deliver respectable performance but If you can afford it, I'd definitely say get one of the 2.8 variants - either the Olympus 12-40 or the Panasonic 12-35. There's very little to choose between them.

Yes -- I've read that the pana is smaller and lighter - I'm torn!

For non-studio people shots you'll want something with better DOF separation capability. The 45/1.8 is hard to beat at the price.

Indeed - My starter pack will be the 12-40(35?) + 40-150R, and with some more saving, as I'll travel November only, I'll be able to get the O45.

The 40-150 R is quite a lens for the price, but don't expect miracles from it.

I know, only for bright days and not wide open :)

Thank you!

LS.

Dolphinjon

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Jonathan
Campinas is a very nice city, a big one, but with a cozy small city feeling, I think you will like it. Once there, you are 2h from my hometown, Santos!

santos.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Above: Santos, SP (picture not taken by me).

LS
Beautiful photo, even if you didn't take it. I've not heard Campinas described that way, but that's how I've been hoping it feels!

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app

sellera

Mu-43 Rookie
For me, the 12-40 2.8 + the 40-150 R would be my choice because I shoot wide *much* more often than telephoto so I want a quality wide-normal zoom and an acceptable tele zoom. The 12-40 2.8 is on my camera most of the time.

Yes, me too. Not only during the day, but also in low light.

Just like everyone else has said, it really depends on your style and preferences more than anything else.

I know. But I need to travel abroad to buy gear, since Olympus don't sell cameras nor lenses here, and if I buy from Amazon our government tax it around 80-85%. My air trip to US + 6 day 4 star hotel + 6 day small car will be almost 400 dollars cheaper than paying all the importing taxes over the gear. So, I'm trying different setups, asking different opinions, in order to make the right choices.

Thank you!

LS

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom