Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Tinc, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Tinc

Tinc New to Mu-43

Mar 28, 2013
    About to go on a weekend trip with a brand new OM-D E-M5 and assorted lenses.

I've had a camera out of the box a day. So I will be experimenting and hope I don't have to break out the old DSLR to get the shot I don't want to lose while I sort out this whole new system. But I'll get there.
  2. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    SE Essex, UK
    Welcome to the forum, Tinc.

Put that new gear to good use on your weekend, and come back to post up the results to share with us :smile:

Ask, if there's anything particular you struggle with, there's lots of knowledgeable people here.
  3. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Welcome to the forum. I was new to Olympus when I first purchased the OM-D. I found the set-up and menus daunting and very frustrating. The camera delivers. For most things its performance and delivery is equal to a dSLR. You just have to figure out how to set up the camera. Good luck and good shooting.

4. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Welcome aboard, Tinc!

5. GeBathan

GeBathan Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    Los Angeles CA
    Welcome to the forum & enjoy!
  6. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Gary's comment is spot on. Work through the frustrations and you'll really enjoy the EM5.

The single best thing to do is to activate the SCP - Super Control Panel. One button leads to the SCP and everything important is there on one touch screen.
  7. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome aboard! Once you get your camera all set up and add some of the finer lenses you'll find that you don't reach for that DSLR much at all. :cool: