newbie(?)

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by fredsh, Mar 27, 2010.

1. fredsh

fredsh Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 27, 2010
    Long Island NY
    Hi all. I've been passing this location for a few weeks now- looking through the windows, so to speak, and thought I'd come in a get comfortable and join!
    I'm a former film guy- turned digital with a point and shoot in '04, became frustrated with holding the thing in front of me and after a year or so bought a E-500. Now I want to upgrade- especially for image stabilization.
    I have not really made up my mind- but am impressed with with the offerings from Panasonic and Olympus- the EVF being a big plus to me.
    Also impressed with the picture gallery of this site- the black and white and the urban stuff in particular; makes some of the other sites look bland by comparison.
    Hope it's okay that I don't have mft gear yet. I know I will have questions and will appreciate recommendations and advice.
    Thanks a lot!

2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

fredsh, it is absolutely OK that you don't have :43: gear yet! I am very glad that you "joined up" rather than waiting. I did the same thing. Initially read many reviews, etc., and then found my way here where I was offered a great deal of helpful information.

Ask away!:2thumbs: There are quite a few very knowledgeable photographers involved here.

3. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Fred, great to see you pop up! make yourself at home :friends:

Cheers

Brian

4. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  5. pete

pete Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    hey Fred and welcome: you really cant go wrong with any micro 4/3's camera. good luck on your future purchase. check out our camera forums....

cheers

Pete

6. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Fred. We're all pretty happy with our MFT gear here.

7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Welcome to the forum, Fred!

8. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Fred !

9. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran