1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Newbie to photography and Mu-43

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by kayicolyn, Jan 19, 2012.

1. kayicolyn

kayicolyn Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 19, 2012
    Hi all,
    I am andrea and new to photography. I was advised to get the Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 with 14-42 lens as a great starter camera. My excellent partner got me this for christmas, I am now trying to get used to the camera and also the terminology, as my old sony cybershot DSC-T77 was very simple to use and I didnt need to know about aperture or ISO etc.
    I am mainly interested in wildlife and landscape photography but im also willing to try new things that catch my eye.
    I am also a member on Digital Photography School forum, and was advised by a member in there to join your group as you would be more knowledgable with my camera.
    feel free to check out my flickr page at the following Flickr: kayicolyn's Photostream
    Im sure I will get to know you all soon.

2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Welcome to the forum, Andrea! :)

3. agwe

agwe Mu-43 Regular

Jul 13, 2011
    Manila, Philippines
    Welcome to the forums! Hope you have as much fun with your new G3 as we all are with our cameras. Cheers!

4. PickleB

PickleB Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2012
    UK - J6 on the M25
    Hello from another MFT newbie ...

Greetings Andrea ... and welcome to the forum.

I see from flickr that you live in the UK. Your photostream suggested this, but then I came across an African Wild Dog and a cheetah and I began to wonder. Your 'animals and kids' set (is there a difference?) had caught my eye and I was particularly amused to read that it comprises 'animals or zoo shots with a couple of my kids thrown in there'. I hope it wasn't one of yours that the lion was munching on.

You might like to join the TalkPhotograhy forum as well as this one. It's UK based and very friendly. The members have a wide variety of interests and experience, but the really good bit is that they organise meets up and down the country to photograph anything from landscape and animals to air shows and beauty.

I'm a member of TalkP and joined this forum very recently as I too have just got a Panasonic G3; see link.

All the best, BobG

5. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the user group and congratulations on the new G3!