1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Newbie LR3 question

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Spaceghost33, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Spaceghost33

Spaceghost33 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Christopher Stelter
    I'm just now getting around to learning LR3 (ver. 3.6). I use a GF1 w/ Pany 20mm & Pany 14mm lenses (mostly). Are there any recommendations out there for setting up LR for lens correction or recommendations for good presets?

Thanks in advance.

~Chris

2. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    No lens corrections are necessary. Well, let me be a little more specific:

Distortion corrections for all Oly and Panasonic m43 lenses are automatically written to the raw file, and automatically applied by LR. Furthermore, Panasonic lenses contain the data for CA correction, and a Panasonic lens on a Panasonic body writes that information to the raw file, too. LR will apply the CA correction automatically.

Using Oly lenses or Oly bodies, no CA correction is written to the raw file, so if you ever decide to buy Oly equipment you might choose to create CA presets for specific lenses.

• Like Like x 2
  3. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    It's actually a bit more complicated. The distortion is automatically corrected, but it isn't fully corrected (the reason being that fully correcting would lose too much resolution and lens width). So if you really want zero distortion, you'll have to manually adjust it or find a profile.

CA on Panasonic lenses is fully corrected, at least as best as I can tell.

DH

• Like Like x 1