Newbie Living in Bermuda

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Bermuda, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Bermuda

Bermuda Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2011
    Bermuda
    Hey all

just wanted to say hello really. i am very new to all this so don't know anything about anything however i did just buy a E-PL1 ( should be with me on monday) WOOHOO,

The camera i use to the mo is a Olympus Stylus 850SW ( great for life here in Bermuda, Sun, Sea Beach etc) just now looking to take better photos and learn more about this art form.

Thanks for your ears and i am sure all the help you will offer :)

• Like Like x 4
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome, Bermuda! I'm extremely jealous - Bermuda is such lovely island, and it's been far too many years since I had the pleasure of walking on the perfect sand and swimming in those blue green waters. Sigh.:cloud-9-039:

Please keep us posted on your E-PL1's arrival and be sure to share some of your first pictures!

Thanks so much for your introduction.:thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Welcome to the forums!

Sorry, but if you are from Bermuda you HAVE to post pictures with your intro ;)

Took the family to visit there I think it was two years ago this spring. Lovely Island!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bermuda

Bermuda Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2011
    Bermuda
    i was going to post some photos but it was late at night and to be honest i could not be assed to resize them, BUT i can now so here you go. Remember these were taken on a Olympus 850SW ( point and shoot type thing)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bermuda

Bermuda Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2011
    Bermuda
    not sure how i can add a description to the photos so this will have to do.

1st photo: Taken on the day of my wedding ( 24th Oct 2009) The view from the hotel where we were having the reception

2nd photo

Also from the wedding day. Photo is of me jumping over a brush ( slaves did this way back in the mist of time as they could not marry as such so they did that to signify a marriage)

3rd photo
    Taken on new years day 2011. We went for a beach walk( along elbow for the people who have been to Bermuda)

4th photo
    One of my cats ( Jamiroquai ) really likes his photo taken

5th photo
    The lighthouse along south shore

6th photo
    Went sailing at the start of December to help a friend who had entered into a race. NEVER AGAIN don't like boats without HUGE engines :)

7th photo
    Also taken on elbow beach new years day.

Hope you like them :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    We stayed there when we visited! Or do all of the beautiful hotels in Bermuda look alike :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bermuda

Bermuda Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2011
    Bermuda
    sweet photo m8 but yes they all look the same( REALLY REALLY good sea views )

what was the name of the hotel u stayed at?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome from Holland !

• Like Like x 1
  9. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I'd have to look it up. I remember the hotel was at the top of the hill, and you actually had to take a little trolley bus down to the bottom to get to the beach.

Funny story -- Catherine Zeta Jones was having a benefit at the hotel one of the nights, and though my wife is not a "celebrity hound" she felt compelled to take a video of Mrs. Douglas. So, she took my old Canon ELPH and sat outside the ballroom, and shot a video discreetly with the camera on her leg (i.e. not looking at the LCD). We she came back up, we had a wonderful 120 second video of Zeta-Jones rear end! Not what my wife intended, I think.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Brian G

Brian G Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 16, 2010
    Victoria, BC
    Hello Bermuda.

I'm also fairly new around here.

Bermuda is, I think, my favorite place, bar none. I was fortunate enough to be able to do work on behalf of a business / property owner in Hamilton some years ago, which led to numerous visits paid for by - not me!

After a few stays at the more visible hotels, including the Hamilton Princess, I came to prefer a smaller place just up the hill called Royal Palms. And MacWilliams for breakfasts. And it's been too long since I've had an authentic Bermuda fish chowder with sherry peppers :2thumbs:.

Welcome, and please show us more images, once you've tried out the new camera.

Brian

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bermuda

Bermuda Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2011
    Bermuda
    some great stories to be heard i think :) Yep will post loads of photos for everybody to see. WT21 was it Southampton Princess? Had a huge golf course etc? (right next to horseshoe beach).
    Yep sometimes little hotels are far far better than big ones( though when ur on a island that is 2 miles wide and 20ish miles long you can't be too fussy).

Mr&Mrs. Douglas no longer live here but they do have a house here still. ( i have even worked on there car)

Glad you all like it here. I plan to stay here for a very long time( Married a local WOOHOO)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome, and Hello from cold and snowy Scotland. That's a nice camera you've chosen, and I hope you have a lot of fun with it.

All the best,

Colin

13. briandforever

briandforever Mu-43 Regular

Sep 27, 2010
    Welcome Bermuda, :)

Stunning scenery, work on royal carrebean before, but haven't had the chance to go there

Please post more Picts oftenly :)

14. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome.

15. shoturtle

shoturtle  

Oct 15, 2010
    welcome

16. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    That's the one! Is that where you had your reception?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bermuda

Bermuda Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2011
    Bermuda
    Afternoon everybody.

The reception was held at the Coco Reef (behind the local college in Paget) The camera should be with me tomorrow( monday) so look out for photos coming your way. in the next week or so :)

18. Bermuda

Bermuda Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2011
    Bermuda
    Camera has ARRIVED WOOHOO :)

downside is now i have the bug that is going around and can't get out of the bed :(:(