Newbie from the Netherlands

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by bios, Aug 5, 2014.

1. bios

bios Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 5, 2014
    Hello to you all,

My name is Daniel and am living in the Netherlands.

I am also a newbie to the world of photography, first i got a Canon S120 a while ago and played a lot with the different options on this device.
    In the meantime i did read a lot about photography, the exposure triangle and so on.
    I find out that i had a lot of fun discovering all the possibilities you have with a camera if you use it in the other modes then AUTO/ P-Mode.

Then i ran against some issues with the Canon S120 especially in low light situations.
    I had to have a device with enough options but small enough to take with me wherever i go.
    It also has to have the possibility to take different lenses so i always have the change to switch and for me the most important was it has to have good performance in low light situations, mmmmm which one should i take.....

The Panasonic GM1 was the one i really liked after i did read a lot about it in the forums/ reviews.
    It's is small and has more than enough options for me, so i ordererd the GM1.
    I am gonna buy a 25mm 1.4 or 15mm 1.7 pana leica lens in time with it and am ready to go for the darker hours here.

And so is this my beginning of the journey with serious photography and so far i am loving it.

Greetings to you all

2. janneman

janneman Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2012
    Jan (John) Kusters
    Welcome for the Netherlands :smile:
  3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome to the forum!