1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Newbee to EM-1 Suggestions Please..

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Dennis Mansour, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Dennis Mansour

Dennis Mansour Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2015
    dennis
    Great Forum. Is there a better way to learn to use this camera? The manual is not that good. I just switched from DSLR to this. I hope I made the right move. I feel I did but reading and reviewing this camera and lenses. I do weddings ( not many anymore) and groups and Portraits.
    Any help on settings etc. is Greatly appreciated. Thank you all

2. Lcrunyon

Lcrunyon Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 4, 2014
    Maryland
    Loren
    It sounds like you already have skills and understanding of photography. I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I bought a digital copy of “David Busch's Olympus OM-D E-M1 Guide to Digital Photography.” I read it, and I explored every inch of its menus and features sets. Other than something like that, I'd say if you have any specific questions, pose them on this forum.

After using the OM-Ds for several years I bought a Canon DSLR for wildlife, and I had a lot of trouble adjusting to the differences between mirrorless and DSLR. The Canon - as good as it is - just hasn't been able to win my heart over my Olympus gear. You may experience some similar frustration, coming from the other way. Whatever trade offs you decided were worth making the switch, remember that much of it is just what you are used to.

3. Dennis Mansour

Jun 22, 2015
    dennis

4. Dennis Mansour

Jun 22, 2015
    dennis
    I appreciate that very much. I can get past the frustration . My concern is Image Quality. I have read and did my homework before I made this switch. Just a matter of how to learn the camera for what I need it for and NOT all the bells and whistles. Thank you again, GREAT Forum

5. DaveLemi

DaveLemi New to Mu-43

Jun 27, 2015
  6. Dennis Mansour

Jun 22, 2015
    dennis
  7. Jay Miller

Jay Miller New to Mu-43

Jun 28, 2015
    I consider the book by Darrell Young, " Mastering the Olympus OM-D E-M1", to be the best book out there on the subject. I have David Busch's book for my Canon G12 and he as does a great job. I don't think he did nearly as well with the Olympus. Check out the reviews and decide. I got both but use one.