1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

newbe question

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Hendrix, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Hendrix

Hendrix Mu-43 Regular

Dec 14, 2014
    Netherlands
    I got my e-m5 today , but I have a question . When I turn it on ,I only see the controlpanel on the monitor , I can't get Live view. The evf works fine ,but I almost only use the lcd monitor.

2. TNcasual

TNcasual Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 2, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    There is a button right behind the eye cup on the right. Push it to toggle between LCD/EVF views.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TNcasual

TNcasual Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 2, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    You can see it here:

olympus-omd-em-5-review-03.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hendrix

Hendrix Mu-43 Regular

Dec 14, 2014
    Netherlands
    Thanks man .:hide:

5. TNcasual

TNcasual Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 2, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    I know this because I did the same on my E-M10. I read the manual and played with the button when I first got it. Later I was trying to figure out how to get Live View and I completely blanked on what that button did. Now I will remember.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Shifty

Shifty Mu-43 Regular

Dec 30, 2014
    Oklahoma City
    Funny, my dad has an EM5 and had the same exact problem. He even read that some folk sent their cameras back because they couldn't figure it out.

Hurrah for mu-43.com!

7. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    Unreal. Nobody bothers to RTFM or google anything. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shifty

Shifty Mu-43 Regular

Dec 30, 2014
    Oklahoma City
    Seriously. Although I must admit, Google and manuals only come out once I've really messed something up (which is frequently - an excellent argument for reading the manual first!)

9. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    Camera manuals suck these days. If they would take a new system user through the setup in an explanatory manner instead of writing something for people that are already familiar with the GUI and digital camera terminology/technology, people wouldn't get so confused. It took me 8 months to get comfortable with the camera and various features. 7 months in I resorted to buying the "Supercharging the Olympus OM-D E-M10" ebook to get useful help with a few of the features.