1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New Zealand images

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by peterpix, May 26, 2012.

1. peterpix

peterpix Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 8, 2010
    So. Maine
    Peter Randal
    Thought I'd post a few images from a recent New Zealand trip. The oystercatchers were captured with the GH2 w/Panni 100-300; the rest with EP3 and the Oly 14-150. I've made a 17 x 22 print of the birds with my 3800 on Red River Aurora and the image sharp and eyecatching. I'm currently printing on RR Arctic Polar Luster and love the brightness. I left my 5DII and lenses at home; too heavy to lug! After having the m43s for a year, I'm finally making prints and I see no problem using 17 x 22 with 1" borders. BTY, a number of these images were made from a moving train such as the grapes and the running sheep.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  2. Jermonic

Jermonic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    Denmark
    That's New Zealand for sure. :)

Missing Mt. Taranaki - such a beautiful mountain.

Do you have any larger sizes of your images?

My last print was a 1,5m x 1x print from Te Anau / Kepler Track in the south of New Zealand. I bet I should get some more printed in midsize. :)

3. David

David Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2011
    Sydney
    nice set. I was there last year travelling to Milford Sound. Nice country.

4. peterpix

peterpix Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 8, 2010
    So. Maine
    Peter Randal
    Largest I have made is on a 17 x 22 sheet, print about 20" wide on a 3800. (or are you asking if I c an post larger images?). I've got a friend with a larger printer and am looking forward to seeing how much larger a m43s can go!

5. Jermonic

Jermonic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    Denmark
    I was requesting a bit better online resolution for the images you're showing in here, I'd like to see the detail in the pictures.

If it makes anything easier to calculate, my 1,5m x 1x print is based on a 9 MPixel jpeg file fra a Canon compact camera, so I guess you're pretty good situated with a m43 12-16 Mpixel sensor :)

6. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    We are all salivating to see these in greater detail. Please edit to replace these attached images with ones that are 1024 pix wide.

Thank you for sharing.