New York City with the 5D and E-PL1

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by 996gt2, Oct 27, 2010.

1. 996gt2

996gt2 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 27, 2010
    Hey everyone, I just got my E-PL1 recently as a more compact companion to my EOS 5D. I am new to this forum, so I figured I would start off my posts by sharing a few shots from a trip I took this weekend. Hope you guys like them!

Violinist in Central Park, 5D+Sigmalux

Performers in Central Park, 5D+Sigmalux

Flatiron Building, E-PL1+14-42

Squirrel, E-PL1+14-42

Construction worker, E-PL1+14-42

• Like Like x 6
  2. shoturtle

Oct 15, 2010
    nice shots of the city, the flatiron building is a classic and the BW rendition works really well for the subject.
  3. RetroBoy

RetroBoy Mu-43 Regular

Agreed, that building is stunning. A real timeless looking photograph.
    Love the squirrel too!
  4. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

I think the moral of the posting isn't the camera that takes the picture..rather it is the person behind the camera that takes the picture. You have really illustrated that very well. Thanks for posting!
  5. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    I've seen several photographs of the Flatiron building over the years. I think that's the first that puts it into context with it's surroundings. I wonder if you get a strange feeling as you walk down a corridor to the end of the taper, most unusual?

6. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    That's no way to use an angle-grinder!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Rider

Rider Mu-43 Regular

Oct 14, 2010
    I do like them. Sometimes it takes a visitor to capture what we see everyday and make it interesting!
  8. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    I love the first and third. The flatiron shot is really timeless. Its been done before, but that's a really good one.

9. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Nice shots..makes me want to go back there!
  10. shoturtle

Oct 15, 2010
    I would not visit this time a year, it is windy and cold.
  11. Kosta

Kosta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 29, 2010
    great shots! something to be said of the OH&S of the guy doing the grinding but that's for another thread!