1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New Year, New Start, New attitude

Discussion in 'Nature' started by goldenlight, Jan 1, 2013.

1. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Today was a new day, the first of a new year and I was feeling quite positive; certainly more so than at this time in 2012. I didn’t have too much difficulty in motivating myself to go out for a walk, no doubt assisted greatly by it being such lovely weather for a change. It wasn’t a long walk, only about 3 miles, but it did give me a few photo opportunities which helped my mood still further. The test of whether I can keep up my resolution to do this more often will come when we revert to the usual pattern of weeks on end of rain and grey skies.

However, I do feel (at least at the moment) that it is time to stop playing the victim, held hostage by Parkinson’s Disease, and regain control of my life by being more positive. Recently I chanced upon a quote by Henry Ford, which nicely summed things up for me; “Whether you think you can or whether you think you can’t, your right.” I’ve perhaps spent too long automatically thinking that I can’t.

Anyway, here are my snaps from today; nothing outstanding but useful practice at trying to make something out of nothing and, as Robin Wong would say, good shutter therapy.

NEW_YEAR_2013_003_e_c_B_W_r_s.

NEW_YEAR_2013_007_e_c_r_s.

NEW_YEAR_2013_015_e_c_r_s.

NEW_YEAR_2013_075_e_c_r_s.

NEW_YEAR_2013_051_e_c_r_s.

NEW_YEAR_2013_025_e_r_s.

NEW_YEAR_2013_085_e_c_r_s.

NEW_YEAR_2013_070_e_c_B_W_r_s.

All shot on an E-M5 with Panasonic 14-45mm.

• Like Like x 18
  2. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Nice shots, I like the B&W shots and the green leaves best myself. Good on you for getting out, looking forward to more pics and more posts from you in 2013 :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 2
  3. A great start to 2013, John.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Zariell

Zariell Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    Amen Brother! As a person who has a unique set of challenges, I found the most liberating day I had was when I stopped worrying about life and discovered that I still had my skills I just needed new tools. I wish you all the best for 2013, and may your days be filled with more good than those not so good!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Nice shots - keep up the good shutter therapy! :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  6. flippic

flippic Mu-43 Regular

Sep 10, 2012
    Very nice. My favorites are the first and third ones.

7. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Listen to Henry Ford, John, after all he was somewhat successful. You are off to a good start for the new year.

Good Luck and Good Shooting John.

8. rdearth53

rdearth53 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 4, 2012
    Wadsworth, Ohio
    I love how the shadows fall on the ground in this first picture! Excellent 'shutter therapy'!

9. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Not so sure about "nothing special". The second shot, with the track taking the whole of the front of the frame, only to wind off to almost a sliver on the right side, is very nicely composed. In general the whole series is well done. Good luck with your resolutions.

10. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Takis
    These are beautiful shots!Congratulations and keep shooting!

11. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Thanks Aragorn, I'd almost forgotten this thread. It's interesting to come back to it one month on and see if I still feel the same enthusiasm. In general, yes I do. I haven't been out much for a week due to numerous aches and pains, but that is mostly the result of a tiring trip to London a week ago which was really productive from my point of view, so that's a good thing! Most important, I'm eager to get back out and about soon. Thanks to all for their comments. :smile: