1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

New VSCO alternative, Replichrome.

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by chipbutty, Aug 30, 2013.

1. chipbutty

chipbutty Mu-43 Veteran

They've gone to the same exhaustive lengths that VSCO appear to to recreate film stocks into presets. But in contrast to VSCO, most m43 cameras appear to be supported with custom profiles. That's not the case with VSCO. I'm still enjoying VSCO 4 but Replichrome looks interesting.

Replichrome

The Making of Replichrome

2. Talanis

Talanis Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 15, 2012
    Sherbrooke, Canada
    Eric Cote
    Bought it yesterday ans loving it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mu-43 mobile app

3. badcatgary

badcatgary Mu-43 Regular

Jun 26, 2012
    Denver, CO
    Jeremy
    Looks very interesting. There is a 15% off code courtesy of hopeandmemoryphotography.com: 1545SARAH

4. fin azvandi

fin azvandi Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 12, 2011
    South Bend, IN
    Lightroom only, and I'm still sticking with Aperture...

They list a large number of "supported cameras" but are there truly custom profiles or are they just listing RAW formats supported by the underlying ACR/LR software?

5. chipbutty

chipbutty Mu-43 Veteran

I read somewhere else that they're truly custom profiles and not just the default Adobe profile. I'll see if I can find the link.

Here it is Totally Rad 'Replichrome' - Serious contender to VSCO

6. chipbutty

chipbutty Mu-43 Veteran

I hope Apple release a major Aperture update. The rumours have been doing the rounds for the past eighteen months! I think VSCO have said they won't create Aperture compatible presets until they hear more on whether Aperture has a future.

7. Talanis

Oct 15, 2012
    Sherbrooke, Canada
    Eric Cote
    Custom Profiles + many adjustments

8. Talanis

Oct 15, 2012
    Sherbrooke, Canada
    Eric Cote
    Some examples:

Ektar 100
    p1627644265-4.
    p1672573243-4.
    p1652287519-4.

Portra 160
    p1825728532-4.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  9. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Neither Replichrome nor VSCO are "PSE" compatible....

10. chipbutty

chipbutty Mu-43 Veteran

They really are gunning for VSCO.

[​IMG]

I'm not that familiar with Totally Rad but they appear to have a fairly big user base.

• Like Like x 1
  11. birdie

birdie Mu-43 Regular

Wow this looks good, anyone know if they will keep expanding the films they include to compete with the other packs of VSCO?

12. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins
    I have a couple of Totally Rad products - Dirty Pictures and Rad Lab. Their products are normally pretty expensive for what they offer but they are good.

Their film simulations might appear cheaper than VSCO but VSCO offers 50% off for future VSCO purchases... and VSCO is expensive.

All I can say in their defense is that I use their products a lot unlike say Topaz - who are pretty cheap but which I hardly ever use.

13. Dduval

Dduval Mu-43 Regular

Aug 13, 2013
    Orlando, FL
    I have to check this out, thanks for the heads up...

14. chipbutty

chipbutty Mu-43 Veteran

A few here from yesterday's trip out. They're nearly all with Replichrome. A few with VSCO 04. Those Slide emulations of VSCO 04 really stand out, so you can probably tell which is which :smile: