New Use for my EP5 and Pany 14mm

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by D7k1, Dec 31, 2015.

1. D7k1

D7k1 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Nov 18, 2013
    About two years ago I gave away my camcorder and have not done any driving videos (for location documentaries) since then. Yesterday, I used my EP5 and Pany 14mm as my windshield mounted system. I must say it worked well. Yes, some of the time you could see the Oly codec issues, but mostly good usable stuff. Now that I have the Pany 12-35mm I have not used the 14mm for a while, but wanted to keep it for very light travel with the Sigma 30mm. Glad that I kept it as this combo keeps me from buying a small camcorder for a project I am working on that will need a bit of "driving too" videos.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. bigboysdad

bigboysdad Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 25, 2013
    Sydney/ London
    I remember a couple of years ago one reviewer of the 14 describing it a a "crappy lens" but saying it's actually really good for video.

3. PaulGiz

PaulGiz Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 3, 2013
    Rhode Island, USA
    There is nothing wrong with the P14 unless you're a cork-sniffing pixel-peeper. I've gotten some of my favorite images with it. Great contrast, lovely color, sharp in the center wide open, sharp everywhere stopped down and a perfect field-of-view.

P.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. bigboysdad

bigboysdad Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 25, 2013
    Sydney/ London
    +1

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.