New travel photos - Sigma 30 + Oly 45/1.8

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by mh2000, Sep 15, 2013.

1. mh2000

mh2000 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  2. gollum14

gollum14 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 13, 2013
    Martin Davey
    Pretty cool contemporary work Mark, nice one! :)
  3. DynaSport

DynaSport Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 5, 2013
    It may be just me, but I would prefer your photos be larger. I know I can click on them and bring up a larger version, but I'd like a larger version right in the blog. At the size they are, it is hard for me to know if I want to bother clicking on them or not.
  4. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    I agree
  5. mh2000

mh2000 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2010
    gollum14, thanks!

DynaSport and hazwing, This is an issue that I struggle with. The first thing is that many people seem to actually be more interested in my writing than the photos and if I spread the writing between 21 large images it will be awkward to layout. Also, if you click on any image in the set it brings up a full screen slide show so you can see the photos as separate body of work which is kind of how I envision these pieces. For the most part, I see my essays and photos as only loosely related. Certainly, my photos are not intended as illustrations for my writing... I guess I'm try to express something too big or complex for me to convey simply in photos or words and the point is somewhere in between the two, but thanks for looking and next time try clicking on the image and stepping through the images in the slide viewer and let me know if that works for you. thanks for your input!