New Toy

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by ahuyevshi, Feb 17, 2010.

1. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Voigtlander 15mm F/4.5. Yes I know opinions are mixed here between the 17 2.8 and 15 F/4.5 but in terms of AF I wasn't crazy about the AF on the 17 and focusing it manually was hardly enjoyable..

Yes 4.5 is relatively slow but it also doesn't need as much light... Canons best selling wide angle is the 17-40 F/4

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 18
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    That's a great lens and your doing well with the FOV.
    Congrats on your new eye.

• Like Like x 2
  3. David Stringer

David Stringer Mu-43 Regular

Jan 31, 2010
    Horsham, West Sussex
    I really like these, they have a great feel. Looks like the lens is working well for you.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

My thoughts exactly.

• Like Like x 2
  5. sebastel

sebastel Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 18, 2010
    not your business
    great examples, showing both the possibilities and limitations.
    and especially they show how the technical limitations can NOT keep you from taking good pictures!

• Like Like x 6
  6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Both you and your new lens have a great eye.:thumbup:

• Like Like x 2
  7. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Thanks all.... I really like it for it's size... and for a wide angle I don't think 4.5 is all that bad for street shooting.... I'm going to pick up the 35 either 1.2 or 1.4 next week.

8. Brian S

Brian S Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Apr 11, 2009
    This reminds me that my F-Mount Nikkor-O 2.1cm F4 will fit on the u4/3 cameras. It is a mirror-lockup lens, non retro-focus design. It is quite small.

• Like Like x 2
  9. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    thats where i bought my 15mm 4.5 too , photo village is a pleasant place to shop and one of only 2 official dealers in the usa

i find the look of that lens much different than the look of the kit zoom at 15 mm
    the speed at which objects recede has a much more exotic flair . it is one of my favorite lenses for m4\3

• Like Like x 2
  10. chalkdust

chalkdust Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Dec 29, 2009
    McKinney, Texas
    Many of those shots were not easy, but you made it look easy! Great images. I have the 35mm f1.2 and like it very much. But it is quite large. The f1.2 looks much more street friendly, but I have not handled on of those. Your work is tempting me toward the 15mm!

• Like Like x 2
  11. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Wow.. Thanks all.. Yeh I walked over to Adorama but they only had the Panny adapter.. Photovillage is closer to my office anyway, nice place.. I got my 1DS3 there years ago.. Not many Canon Shooters know about them so when nobody else had the 1ds in stock, they did.

Chalkdust, do you have any pics of the 1.2 attached??? I asked the guy at Photo village to see the 40 1.4 but then I figured I might want a 35 and a 50.. He had the 50 1.1 in stock, but I figured if I saw it I would buy it.. So I skipped ;)