New toy :)

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by beanedsprout, Jan 20, 2014.

1. beanedsprout

beanedsprout Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 13, 2013
    north central Ohio

Rokinon 24mm 3.5 tilt shift lens! I haven't tried it out yet, just woke up and it was waiting for me, so I think I'll have to do that today. Ever since I got into photography almost a year ago, I've been wanting to get into tilt shift. So far I've only been able to use those crappy adapters that fall apart or become loose after a couple of uses. Build quality always sucked, and the choice of lenses was kind of small. I wasn't really looking forward to spending a couple thousand dollars and switching over to Nikon to get it done right (although I will eventually, gotta have that DOF), but then I stumbled upon this! I am very pleased Rokinon has made one with a 4/3s mount, which makes it easy to attach to my MFT cameras and I don't have to worry about the mount falling apart, and I don't have to deal with strange 3rd-world-country glass that could have come from a coke-bottle. I've heard the Rokinon isn't that sharp compared to the Nikon 24mm T/S, but I'll have to pixel peep later and I'll post some results. In any case, this is built like a tank and I can't wait to use it.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Neftun

Neftun Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 15, 2012
    Patrick Kristiansen
    Sure looks the part:) enjoy, and keep us posted!
  3. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Amazing. Those things always look so wrong to my eyes. I'd love to try one sometime.
  4. RenaudVL

RenaudVL Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 21, 2011
    Why did you buy a broken lens...

Seriously, my understanding was that, the fact that these lens are wide angles was the benefice and contribute to the effect that they produce.
    I really believed that this effect would be lost with m4/3..

Looking froward seeing your result...
  5. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I have been interested in this lens since it was announced but I would get one for my Nikon rather than m4/3. On m4/3 it is a standard focal length but even on APS/DX it is a wide, far more useful to me for landscape and architecture. Plus it could always be adapted to m4/3 from Nikon F mount. However I am very interested to read what you think of this lens.