New to video--how to get the red out

I have two barn owl boxes outside my house and have been taking photos of them with the E-M1X. I decided to try taking videos and have been illuminating the box with a red flashlight so that I don't mess up their night video. I have been using Shotcut for post- processing and the video is decent if I convert to black and white. Does anyone have suggestions on how to process to get the red out so that the final result is a color video rather than black and white? Also the red light turns their eyes white in the video, Is there a red eye correction for video? Thanks fot the suggestions

Hypilein

Mu-43 All-Pro
You will most likely have to go black&white. If you use a red light, no other colours will be recorded. If you use something like DaVinci Resolve or Premiere Pro you can look at the parade and see if there are any other colours recorded. I frequently have the opposite problem with underwater footage where the red colour disappears the deeper you go, and you have to find ways to get it back. Generally, you have to bring your own light in that scenario, because you just cannot bring in a colour that is just not there. Post processing is not magic after all.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom