1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

New To This

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by PR1Y35H, Apr 5, 2012.

1. PR1Y35H

PR1Y35H Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 5, 2012
    Hi All, I'm new to this camera scene. I've just gone and brought myself a Panasonic GF2 twin lens bundle. I've been used to using compact cameras for years and now as i go on, compact cameras are not doing it for me anymore. I'm into car photography mostly as I visit alot of car shows every year!

2. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

WELCOME

Which lenses did you get?

3. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Congrats on the new kit!

Zoom and 14mm?

4. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    Welcome to the forum.Nice avatar, although I'm a small bumper fan, all my dubs have(had) them. Is that your ride?

5. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Welcome aboard!

6. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Welcome! I have shot many a car show, first with film and now digital and even video including professionally{once at least}. The hardest thing about car shows or other shows for that matter is the other people. Much better today with digital because you can see the shot instantly and if needed retake. I hated film when I thought I had it but after I got the roll developed there was an arm or even a body that moved into frame.:doh:

Depending on the time of day and position of the sun{if outdoors} you may have to use your flash to fill. This prevents those dark shadows that often happen in bright sunlight. I usually set my AF to spot focus when shooting a show. Point the center of the frame to the spot you want in focus and click to halfway. Then while holding the AF/exposure frame the shot for composition. This gives focus in that spot you want and prevents the camera from refocusing to unwanted areas. Also make sure you have your white balance set for the lighting conditions. Lastly beware of chrome! When I first started I had many unwanted reflections or flares that came off of chrome parts{glossy paint jobs can do it too}.

7. PR1Y35H

PR1Y35H Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 5, 2012
    Hi, I got a 14-42 and also a 14 mm pancake lens

8. PR1Y35H

PR1Y35H Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 5, 2012
    Hi, I took that at a show I recently went to. I borrowed my friends Olympus Pen EP1, that's why I realised true quality!

9. PR1Y35H

PR1Y35H Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 5, 2012
    Thank you for the great tips, I've got plenty of shows this year so I'll get to play about abit more then. Also will show all of you some of the shots!

10. PR1Y35H

PR1Y35H Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 5, 2012
    Thank You All for the warm welcome!

11. PR1Y35H

PR1Y35H Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 5, 2012
    Hi once again, which memory card would you all recommend? I was thinking about getting a 8gb Sandisk Extreme Sdhc class 10

12. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Are you on VW Vortex?