New to this place

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Psikat, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Psikat

Psikat New to Mu-43

Sep 12, 2012
    Hey all,

New here and relatively new to photography, having very recently made the leap from iPhoneography (and aim-and-shoot compacts).
    My OM-D set arrived a couple of days ago along with a couple of prime lenses (20mm and 45mm) and I have been busy with deciphering the manual. (My experience with Panamoz was very positive BTW.)
    Shooting should start soon and I am counting on this forum and my Dummies Guide to fill the countless gaps in my knowledge.

Best regards, Hawk
  2. Adams.rt

Adams.rt Guest

Newbie here myself.

Hey. I'm new here myself. I am a prior Canon full-frame user who is now enjoying the lightweight gear and stunning image quality that MFT affords. It's a nice change of pace to be able to actually lift a camera bag with 4 lenses in it! :smile:
  3. MilkshakeFiend

MilkshakeFiend Mu-43 Regular

May 18, 2012
    Salford, Manchester
    Well, you've come to the right place! I'm quite new to photography in general and this site has been a godsend. I've learnt a lot on here!

The lightweight aspect is great too, unless you start looking at adapted lenses. I recently obtained a russian Zenit Helios lens, which feels like it was made out of a recycled battle tank. Carrying 4-5 lenses like that becomes a major pain!:rofl:
  4. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welome to the user group Hawk and Adams.rt!
  5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome to the forum folks! Lots of help available here - you only need to ask. :biggrin: