New To the Site...

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by nwheal, Jan 5, 2012.

1. nwheal

nwheal Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2012
    Kent, England
    Hello everyone...

Well I have finally had enough of lugging around my D300 / 700 and a back full of kit an have sold a percentage of my kit to dive into the M4/3 lightweight land of photography.

I have been resenting my DSLR's for sometime now, I think that is down to the fact that when I go out with the camera it feels like I have a small child balancing on my shoulder.

Anyway spending last night on my usual UK forum and posting items for sale, (which was very productive..) today I took possession of a E-P3 twin lens kit.

I must say I have been playing with the camera this evening in poor light around the house and I am amazed at its performance, and the features that have been shovelled into such a compact system.

One thing that will get used a lot is the ability to add the Grainy B&W effect with a frame to boot........ I seem to end up doing that in post quite a lot and now I have no need.

I still have more items to sell, and when I have the funds in the bank I will be back to the shop to obtain either the VF-2 or 3 not quite decided yet, but if I can get the black VF-2 for the same price as the 3 then I think that will be the one. As I understand it that is the better of the two, apart from not being able to lock it to the body.

Lens wise I will also get the 45 ƒ1.7 as all the reviews I have read leave me drooling.

Now here comes the crunch...... I also would like to get either the Oly 75-300 or the Pan 100-300 however I am on the fence as to which will produce better images, I can get the pan for about £90 cheaper than the Oly, I have managed to get the Oly reduced due to my spend so far.

If you can offer some pearls of wisdom that would be great.

Now the boring bit... a little about me...

Well I have been shooting for 20 years plus on and off.... went digital about 9 years ago working my way through the Nikon brand up to the D700, I do weddings and portraits, but I am happiest wander with camera in hand waiting for street scenes for landscapes to jump out in front of me.

I am in the UK in the south east so I am either in the city during the week for wandering the country side or the coast at the weekend.

Regards

Nigel

2. Markb

Markb Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 9, 2011
    Kent, UK
    Mark
    Hi, Nigel!

Get the 45/1.8. Seriously!

If I see someone wandering around here with an E-P3 I'll assume it's you.

3. UkrainianOne

UkrainianOne Mu-43 Regular

Jul 29, 2011
    Long Island, New York
    Welcome nwheal !

Hope you enjoy this forum, there are plenty of helpfull people on here who have tought me alot about the m4/3 system and im sure youll find them helpfull as well!

4. nwheal

nwheal Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2012
    Kent, England
    Thanks for the welcome MarkB...

Kents a rather big area.... what vicinity are you in.... I am not far from Maidstone..

Nigel

5. nwheal

nwheal Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2012
    Kent, England
    Thanks for the welcome...

I am in the process I reading away.....

Cheers

Nigel

6. Markb

Markb Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 9, 2011