1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

New To the Site...

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by nwheal, Jan 5, 2012.

1. nwheal

nwheal Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2012
    Kent, England
    Hello everyone...

Well I have finally had enough of lugging around my D300 / 700 and a back full of kit an have sold a percentage of my kit to dive into the M4/3 lightweight land of photography.

I have been resenting my DSLR's for sometime now, I think that is down to the fact that when I go out with the camera it feels like I have a small child balancing on my shoulder.

Anyway spending last night on my usual UK forum and posting items for sale, (which was very productive..) today I took possession of a E-P3 twin lens kit.

I must say I have been playing with the camera this evening in poor light around the house and I am amazed at its performance, and the features that have been shovelled into such a compact system.

One thing that will get used a lot is the ability to add the Grainy B&W effect with a frame to boot........ I seem to end up doing that in post quite a lot and now I have no need.

I still have more items to sell, and when I have the funds in the bank I will be back to the shop to obtain either the VF-2 or 3 not quite decided yet, but if I can get the black VF-2 for the same price as the 3 then I think that will be the one. As I understand it that is the better of the two, apart from not being able to lock it to the body.

Lens wise I will also get the 45 ƒ1.7 as all the reviews I have read leave me drooling.

Now here comes the crunch...... I also would like to get either the Oly 75-300 or the Pan 100-300 however I am on the fence as to which will produce better images, I can get the pan for about £90 cheaper than the Oly, I have managed to get the Oly reduced due to my spend so far.

If you can offer some pearls of wisdom that would be great.

Now the boring bit... a little about me...

Well I have been shooting for 20 years plus on and off.... went digital about 9 years ago working my way through the Nikon brand up to the D700, I do weddings and portraits, but I am happiest wander with camera in hand waiting for street scenes for landscapes to jump out in front of me.

I am in the UK in the south east so I am either in the city during the week for wandering the country side or the coast at the weekend.

Regards

Nigel

2. Markb

Markb Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 9, 2011
    Kent, UK
    Mark
    Hi, Nigel!

Get the 45/1.8. Seriously!

If I see someone wandering around here with an E-P3 I'll assume it's you.

3. UkrainianOne

UkrainianOne Mu-43 Regular

Jul 29, 2011
    Long Island, New York
    Welcome nwheal !

Hope you enjoy this forum, there are plenty of helpfull people on here who have tought me alot about the m4/3 system and im sure youll find them helpfull as well!

4. nwheal

nwheal Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2012
    Kent, England
    Thanks for the welcome MarkB...

Kents a rather big area.... what vicinity are you in.... I am not far from Maidstone..

Nigel

5. nwheal

nwheal Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2012
    Kent, England
    Thanks for the welcome...

I am in the process I reading away.....

Cheers

Nigel

6. Markb

Markb Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 9, 2011
    Kent, UK
    Mark
    I'm in Thanet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.