1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New to the mu4/3rds world

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Y-V-E-S, May 20, 2011.

1. Y-V-E-S

Y-V-E-S Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Yves Gajardo
    Hello! I'm getting rid of my Nikon DSLR bodies to purchase an Olympus EPL2 as a smaller alternative for a walk around for my wife and I. Hope I can find a lot of my questions here already being answered and really hope to learn A LOT!!!

CHEERS!:thumbup:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Welcome to a whole new world of photography, Yves! :D

3. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    Hello from a fellow Californian!

4. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Welcome!

5. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!

6. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    I think you'll love it :^)

7. shoturtle

shoturtle  

Oct 15, 2010
    welcome, the pens make great walk around camera. They are great to travel with. My wife uses a pen as her main camera, and loves the images that the pen's capture.

8. SMaturin

SMaturin Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 30, 2011
    New York's Backyard
    Welcome YVES!

I would suggest you hold onto your Nikon DSLR until you are certain the m43 does everything you want everywhere and all the time.

I got into m43 so I could have a carry-about camera smaller than my Nikon D90. But the DSLR is still better for some things, especially where speed is an issue. I still prefer the optical viewfinder over screens and EVF's, especially as my eyes get older. I grew up in the film/manual focus days, and feel the need for that view through the glass.

Yesterday I was at my daughter's track meet, trying to shoot action shots on an overcast day with my E-P2. Most of the shots were not worth keeping, due to the slowness of the lenses. My Nikon would have handled it better.

I love my Pen, but I also still love my Nikon. There is room in my house for both loves.

-Steve

9. Y-V-E-S

Y-V-E-S Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Yves Gajardo
    Thanks for all the welcomes!!

10. Y-V-E-S

Y-V-E-S Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Yves Gajardo
    Yes I love my Nikon as well but I am upgrading next year to a Full Frame body and at the moment I'd love to have my wife have a camera that is much better than a point and shoot and less bulkier than a DSLR.

11. Y-V-E-S

Y-V-E-S Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Yves Gajardo
    Ah yes! Pasadena. How's the weather there currently? Up here in the BayArea the weather is loopy. 75 degree weather yesterday and tomorrow it might rain. :eek: