New to the boards

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by sr20vet, Oct 27, 2010.

1. sr20vet

sr20vet New to Mu-43

Oct 27, 2010
    Manchester, NH, USA
    Hi. Found this site while doing research on :43: to Nikon F-mount adapters. Looks like a great site so far. I'm still just learning photography, but with any luck I'll be able to contribute in some small way as I get better.

I've got what I suspect is the typical setup. GF1 w/ 20mm f/1.7 kit lens. Just picked up a couple manual lenses though (hence the interest in the adapter). Snagged a Vivitar Series 1 28-90mm f/2.8-3.5, and a Tamron A17 LD Di 70-300mm f/4-5.6. Got a crappy Kipon branded Fotodiox adapter with them that is soon to be replaces with one from Metabones.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome - glad you've found us and found out how much fun there is with MFT.
  3. sr20vet

sr20vet New to Mu-43

Oct 27, 2010
    Manchester, NH, USA
    Just ordered the Metabones Nikon adapter from Lasjas. Can't wait to get it. I'll get some detail shots of it once it comes in and do a quick comparison.
  4. jonima

jonima Mu-43 Regular

Welcome from the Netherlands.

5. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome :smile:
  6. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I better say Giday to the fella who's new to the boards! I reckon you'll have fun with those manual lenses. The 70-300mm sounds like it will be interesting on the GF1- especially as it will be 600mm at the far end.

Good to have you here,

7. sr20vet

sr20vet New to Mu-43

Oct 27, 2010
    Manchester, NH, USA
    The Tamron 70-300mm has actually pleasantly surprised me. I didn't expect great things from it, but as far as my eye can tell it's an excellent lens. I primarily got it for the long focal length and lightweight body. I originally bought a Kiron 90-200mm f/4-5.6 lens, which was great except that the metal body made the camera far too front heavy to handhold at anything much over 90mm.

The Tamron is much better in that aspect. It's still not practical for hand holding if it's even remotely dark since it's not a fast lens (not sure how many stops I'm loosing with the adapter), but it is usable during daylight hours. Works fine at night if it's on a tripod. I'll try to use both the new lenses for this weeks photo assignment so I have some decent samples to show you guys.

BTW nice E30 Icon. I've got a Bronzitbeige '89 325i myself.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome aboard sr20vet and please be sure to post some photos with those lenses, soon.:thumbup:
  9. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome from Holland !