New to MU-43

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by rwisem, Jun 20, 2012.

1. rwisem

rwisem Mu-43 Regular

Jun 20, 2012
    Sequim, Washington, USA
    Roger Wiseman
    My first non box camera was a folding Perlette (made by Olympus I believe) my father brought back from WWll. In College, I purchased a Yashica EE. from 1978 to 2002, I shot a Konica T outfit. I have had several digital point and shoots, but Have not been as interested in Photography as I used to be, which is too bad, since I am now retired and have more time to spend on the hobby.

I got to thinking my mediocre equipment was bumming me out. With the Konicas, I often doubted myself, but never my equipment. With that in mind, I have recently purchased a silver E-pm1. I remeber admiring the original Pens of the 1960's/ Being of a certain age. I like retro looks and have put a black Aki Asahi cover on it. In addition to the 14-42 kit lens, I have ordered an Olympus 49-150 lens and a VF-2 EVF. Bying refurb, used and on sale held the total price down.

I have been reading the forums for about a week now and am very impressed with the information, as well as the knowledge and friendliness of the members.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

I too am of a 'certain' age. Don't much care about camera looks however. It is the function of the Oly m4/3 cameras that I love. I shoot more these days then I ever did with my DSLRs and enjoy it much more. I look forward to seeing some of your images. :thumbup:
  3. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    post some photos up for us, so we can get a sense of your style and interests!

nueces.. sw hill country? im just in north austin
    when are we getting a texas group together to show those new yorkers how a group photo walk is really done ;)