1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

New to MU-43

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by rwisem, Jun 20, 2012.

1. rwisem

rwisem Mu-43 Regular

Jun 20, 2012
    Sequim, Washington, USA
    Roger Wiseman
    My first non box camera was a folding Perlette (made by Olympus I believe) my father brought back from WWll. In College, I purchased a Yashica EE. from 1978 to 2002, I shot a Konica T outfit. I have had several digital point and shoots, but Have not been as interested in Photography as I used to be, which is too bad, since I am now retired and have more time to spend on the hobby.

I got to thinking my mediocre equipment was bumming me out. With the Konicas, I often doubted myself, but never my equipment. With that in mind, I have recently purchased a silver E-pm1. I remeber admiring the original Pens of the 1960's/ Being of a certain age. I like retro looks and have put a black Aki Asahi cover on it. In addition to the 14-42 kit lens, I have ordered an Olympus 49-150 lens and a VF-2 EVF. Bying refurb, used and on sale held the total price down.

I have been reading the forums for about a week now and am very impressed with the information, as well as the knowledge and friendliness of the members.

• Like Like x 2
  2. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

WELCOME

I too am of a 'certain' age. Don't much care about camera looks however. It is the function of the Oly m4/3 cameras that I love. I shoot more these days then I ever did with my DSLRs and enjoy it much more. I look forward to seeing some of your images. :thumbup:

3. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    post some photos up for us, so we can get a sense of your style and interests!

---

nueces.. sw hill country? im just in north austin
    when are we getting a texas group together to show those new yorkers how a group photo walk is really done ;) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.