New to Mico 4/3

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Stringer, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Stringer

Stringer New to Mu-43

Apr 17, 2010
    Hamilton, Ontario
    Just posting to introduce myself. A long time only SLR user 45 years plus.
    Just starting to use my new GF1. Have not produced anything good yet. The wife continues to say when are going to bring your REAL camera and leave that toy at home.
    Time will show her wrong.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 6
  2. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    share the new toy with your wife, let her feel how light a interchangable lens camera can be ,let her see the output ,throw a fast 50 1.4 manual focus lens on [cost of a 50 or plus adapter casn be 40 -100 dollars] and shoot some b&w i suspect she will decide to keep it for herself,

.....dilemma not solved

3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Stringer, thanks for coming by and taking the time for your "official" intro, and, yes, time will indeed show your wife how wrong she is.:wink: Glad to have you here and I do look forward to your involvement.:biggrin:

4. squeegee

squeegee Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

Jan 26, 2010
    no, no, no,

Give your 140 lbs camera to your wife because you care about her and want her to have the better camera. Make her lug that around. Since you're in Hamilton, go on a 20 km hike around the Niagra Escarpment. Niagara Escarpment Commission - City of Hamilton Make sure you go up and down the hill sides a lot.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Stringer

Stringer New to Mu-43

Apr 17, 2010
    Hamilton, Ontario
    I'd let her use my 50 lbs. of camera, the problem is she already has one 5D, won't even take the power pack off to lighten the load. Has no problem even carrying the backpack with an extra lens in it. Not sure what to say we look like with me and my GF1 with 20MM on it and her with the 5D loaded.:rofl:

• Like Like x 2
  6. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome stringer.

7. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Stringer ! Thanks for joining this great forum.
    Enjoy your weekend.

8. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  9. pcake

pcake Mu-43 Regular

May 3, 2010
    :biggrin:

10. landshark

landshark Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 27, 2010