New to M43...

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Screamin Scott, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Screamin Scott

Screamin Scott Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2014
    Atlanta Ga. Metro
    But not to photography....Live in the Atlanta Georgia Metro area. Just picked up a refurbished Oly Pen E-P3 with the standard 14-42mm lens. Have gotten Nikon, Minolta, Konica & Leica M39 adapters for other legacy lenses I own. Found this forum researching a problem with infinity focus on a Konica lens (turns out it's the adapter...). Will post any questions I have to the group as they become a problem. Looks like I'll have to get the EFV for the camera as I don't like using the rear screen. My niche is macro & I think the EFV will aid me there with this camera...

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome aboard! I love my E-P3, it's a great camera. You can occasionally find good deals on used VFs here on the forum. Enjoy!

3. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Welcome. The 60 macro is $399 at Amazon, just to mention.

4. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Hi Scott!

Welcome to the forum.

I have an EFV mounted on an EPL-1 and it makes all the difference to me - I can't hold a camera steady while using the rear screen handheld. I can't recommend it's use for macro work, as I do very little in that area.

Regards,

Jim