1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

new to m4/3 questions

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by ddb, Jul 2, 2010.

1. I have been a long-time Canon user but am getting older and my health is not all that good. For that reason, I am looking at getting a m4/3 camera. My first question is "can you put a lumix lens on a Pen body and vice versa?" I believe you need an adapter? Any help would be appreciated.

2. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    any micro 4/3 lens will fit on any micro4/3 body. You only need an adaptor if you wish to use

1) Full 4/3 lenses or

2) Legacy lenses eg older Manual focus lenses for other systems

cheers

K

3. Is there any problem when using an IS lens on a IS body like the PEN?

4. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Hi,
    I've seen a post on here answered by Brian Mosley where he suggests leaving the in lens IS switched off and using the Olympus in camera IS, it saves battery power amongst other things. I believe there might be some in camera setting to adjust for this, the opposite applies apparently for video work.
    Perhaps Brian can confirm this for you.

Barrie

5. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Yes, you can use Optical Image Stabilisation (in the lens) or In Body Image Stabilisation (in the body) but not a good idea to have both enabled at the same time... they could occasionally interfere with each other.

There's a switch for OIS on the side of the lens, and you can switch stabilisation on/off in the Pen's quick control panel.

Cheers

Brian