New to legacy lenses: How do I find (Panagor) Minolta to M43 Adapter?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by eBrain, Feb 19, 2014.

1. eBrain

eBrain New to Mu-43

Feb 19, 2014
    Hello everyone!

I am finally getting into the world of manual lenses for low-light and portraits. I own a Panasonic Lumix G5, and have bought couple panagor lenses to start my journey. This is one of those lenses

Now its time to buy the adapter and I see lots of Minolta to M43 adapters but not sure which one fits the best. So I need help from experts.

Thanks in advance for all the help; having seen some jaw-dropping pictures on these forums I am really excited about legacy primes and planning to buy a Planar, Hexanon, and Super Takumar as well after I feel little more comfortable with manual lenses and mounts

Best regards,
  2. Timmy

Timmy Mu-43 Regular

Dec 3, 2013
    Wiltshire - UK
    I don't think there's much difference between adapter models - they probably all come from the same factory in China - I bought the cheapest minolta adapter I could find off ebay and it's works perfectly.with my MD lenses.
  3. eBrain

eBrain New to Mu-43

Feb 19, 2014
    You mean when listing says adapter is for a specific minolta lens type (MD, MC, etc) I can still buy it for my Panagor?

Sorry I am just starting this journey and have no idea about Panagor; should have bought a mainstream lens I guess but the pictures taken by a user on forums were so nice that I decided to start with it :-(
  4. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    All manual focus Minolta lenses (TD, MC, MD) take the same adapter mount for m43. Technically the mount is called SR, but almost nobody uses that. The MC/MD difference has to do with how the aperture was communicated to the camera in the film days. The AF/Maxxum lenses are a different mount. I have an adapter from RainbowImaging, one from Fotodiox, and one cheap ebay coming from another seller. The Rainbow imaging one is slightly too long, so no infinity focus, the Fotodiox works great. Overall, you should be fine, as it is a glorified spacer.
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1