1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New to GF2, some help please

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by swmlon, Aug 22, 2011.

1. swmlon

swmlon Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 22, 2011
    I've recently bought the Panasonic GF2 and had a play withit this weekend. So far, so good, although, for when the sun goes down or the available light diminishes, I'll stick to my trusty D700.

Anyway, I'm really happy with it, taking some getting used to not having a viewfinder, but I'm sure I'll be fine.

One thing that bugs me, and one I can't seem to get rid of, is when I hit the playback button, I have the reminder persistantly on how to use the touchscreen.

I've tried to find how to turn this off, but I can't find the option anywhere. Can anyone tell me if this feature can be turned off, and if so, how?

Thanks

Shing

2. djonesii

djonesii Mu-43 Regular

Aug 18, 2011
    You don't mention what lens you are using, but with a D700 around, I'd wager you have some ideas .... slap on the 20mm 1.7, crank the ISO to 800 use S mode and a shutter of 1/50, and you will be good to go.

YMMV

Dave

3. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    Custom Menu 5 -> Touch Guide -> OFF

Thanks to the person that posted this info a couple of weeks ago!

4. swmlon

swmlon Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 22, 2011
    Thanks for that.

Another question, and I think I already know the answer to this. But is there any way to lock the focus point on the camera? It's always changing when I walk and the camera around my neck.

5. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    It's because your touchscreen is resistive - it responds to pressure on the screen. Having the camera rub against you when on a neckstrap will result in inadvertent "presses".

You're going to have to either turn the camera off or disable the touch feature alltogether, I fear.

Luckily the GF2 turns on really, really fast.