New to GF1 -workflow question

Rooz

Mu-43 Regular
Hi all, have just bought a GF1 with the 20/1.7 and have a question about workflow to process images. i am a nikon shooter who uses NX2 almost exclusively and am REALLY struggling with panasonic raw files using sikypix...it must be one of the most useless programs ive ever used.

what do you guys do for processing raw ? right now i opened in CS4 then saved as JPEG and processed in NX2 but thats really screwing my workflow up so i may just stick to CS4 for processing aswell...anyone have any tips or tricks to get the most out of your files ?

thanks in advance. :smile:

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
If you buy an M9 you get a free copy of LR3

same goes if you buy a DLux5

but you may as well buy the M9

(try the free trial - you have nothing to loose - LR not an M9 "free trial")

Bill

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Bill (really)
Get Lightroom. You'll never look back.

I also highly recommend the Luminous Landscape video tutorials for Lightroom. Not only did I learn a lot about Lightroom, I learned a lot about digital photography.

Rooz

Mu-43 Regular
If you buy an M9 you get a free copy of LR3

same goes if you buy a DLux5

but you may as well buy the M9

(try the free trial - you have nothing to loose - LR not an M9 "free trial")
yeah, i'm going to pay $10k for an M9 or buy an LX5 for double the price for a leica badge just to get a copy of LR. lol

it looks like LR is the way to go, will have to revisit again. ty.

semma

Mu-43 Regular
....or buy an LX5 for double the price for a leica badge just to get a copy of LR. lol

FYI, if you do not have Lightroom yet, the D-Lux5 is cheaper then the LX5 :wink:
So, it is not about the badge...

Linh

Mu-43 All-Pro
FYI, if you do not have Lightroom yet, the D-Lux5 is cheaper then the LX5 :wink:
So, it is not about the badge...
LX5+LR3=$400+$300 (or if you're a student, $100)
D-LUX5 = $800

While the price difference becomes less crazy, the d-lux doesn't seem to be cheaper. Where are you getting your pricing?

semma

Mu-43 Regular
LX5+LR3=$400+$300 (or if you're a student, $100)
D-LUX5 = $800

While the price difference becomes less crazy, the d-lux doesn't seem to be cheaper. Where are you getting your pricing?
The world is not the USA alone...

LX5 + LR3= 419+306 euro = 725 euro
D-Lux5= 679 euro

The D-Lux seem to be cheaper here.

I think that you are NOT a student, so just pay for your software, it is worth the money.

Pelao

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Yep another vote for Lightroom. And of course DNG conversion is just an option. Not necessary for RAW processing.
True - but I suggest it's worth coming to grips with the pros and cons of DNG.

For me the most attractive element is not having to consider sidecar files.

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
yeah, i'm going to pay $10k for an M9 or buy an LX5 for double the price for a leica badge just to get a copy of LR. lol

Ya got it backwards.
Ya pay $10,000.00 for Lightroom and ya get the M9 for free.
At least light room's worth the money...

kevinparis

Cantankerous Scotsman
sorry Ampan.. seems like sagelight is windows only.....so as a mac user I wish you well with your marketing campaign... though i think the day of the RAW processor application without asset management has passed

K

Bill

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Bill (really)
Ampan,

I agree that Sagelight is an amazing product. I am a paid-up owner. And, it works with the full bit-depth of your raw files. But I found that once I had Lightroom 3, I wasn't opening Sagelight any more. The Lr3 noise recuction is just outstanding and the tools are way out in front. I urge you to try the Lr3 fully-functional, free trial.

Lightroom 3 introduced me to a real workflow. I shoot only in raw now, and then go straight into dng (saving the original raw file in a seperate file). Quick and easy.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom