New to Forum

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by ASilvertooth, Oct 30, 2014.

1. ASilvertooth

ASilvertooth New to Mu-43

Oct 28, 2014
    Hello all,
    I am new to the forum, but I have been lurking for a while. I do not currently use Mu-4/3, but I am simply amazed at the quality the line produce. My first digital was an Olympus Evolt E500. The image quality was wonderful but the auto focus was very slow. I was beginning to photograph some portraits and weddings with a friend who is a retired photographer using Nikon so he convinced me to go that route so we could swap lenses and flashes. I have been happy with IQ, but the weight of the system is getting to my shoulder. Of course, shortly after I made the switch, Olympus introduced the OM-D series.

In film days I used Pentax for years and made the switch to an OM-2N and OM-4. I am still kicking myself for getting rid of them.

I hope to make the switch to an EM-5 or EM-1 before long. I just can't justify selling a system that still works fine. In the meantime, I will continue lurking and observing the beautiful work I see on this forum!
    Silvertooth

2. shutterduster

shutterduster Mu-43 Regular

Feb 8, 2013
    Keremeos, BC. Canada
    Dave T
    Welcome to the forum

Either E-M5 or E-M1 are awesome workhorses. Hard to go wrong with either one.
    There are plenty 5's around used. Lenses are reasonable used and you could adapt your Nikon lenses too.

Dave T

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.