1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New to Forum

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by ASilvertooth, Oct 30, 2014.

1. ASilvertooth

ASilvertooth New to Mu-43

Oct 28, 2014
    Hello all,
    I am new to the forum, but I have been lurking for a while. I do not currently use Mu-4/3, but I am simply amazed at the quality the line produce. My first digital was an Olympus Evolt E500. The image quality was wonderful but the auto focus was very slow. I was beginning to photograph some portraits and weddings with a friend who is a retired photographer using Nikon so he convinced me to go that route so we could swap lenses and flashes. I have been happy with IQ, but the weight of the system is getting to my shoulder. Of course, shortly after I made the switch, Olympus introduced the OM-D series.

In film days I used Pentax for years and made the switch to an OM-2N and OM-4. I am still kicking myself for getting rid of them.

I hope to make the switch to an EM-5 or EM-1 before long. I just can't justify selling a system that still works fine. In the meantime, I will continue lurking and observing the beautiful work I see on this forum!
    Silvertooth

2. shutterduster

shutterduster Mu-43 Regular

Feb 8, 2013
    Keremeos, BC. Canada
    Dave T
    Welcome to the forum

Either E-M5 or E-M1 are awesome workhorses. Hard to go wrong with either one.
    There are plenty 5's around used. Lenses are reasonable used and you could adapt your Nikon lenses too.

Dave T